Monday 29 February 2016

Are You Thready?

My crafting mojo has finally come back, and yippee, just in time to get going on a lovely craft project from White Stuff. The Are You Thready campaign invites White Stuff customers to get creative and help raise a goal of £16,000 via the White Stuff Foundation which supports local community charities. They are asking all crafty (and non crafty) folks to design a fabric patch and hand it back in store or you have the option of posting it. For every patch received online or in store White Stuff will donate £5 to the shops local charity. 


You can either design one of their pre-cut patches, or be inventive and make your own. What is particularly inspiring is that up for grabs is a wonderful crafting holiday for two in Italy and which I think sounds utterly divine and right up my street. Also up my street is this gorgeous personalised apron White Stuff sent as a surprise, wearing it certainly got me in the mood for crafting :)


The patch I was given to decorate was lovely just as it was with the dramatic owls and cute design, I had to think really hard to decide how to decorate it.


If you happen to need supplies, for every sewing kit sold, White Stuff will donate all the profits from each sale to help the foundation reach its goal. 


They really are the cutest kits, and so, so pretty!


Finished patches are to be handed in by the 10th March, where each store will hold a lovely tea party (I'll be there) whilst store staff do a little judging of entries. A store winner will be announced and that winner shall receive a £50 White Stuff voucher. All winning patches will then be judged at White Stuff HQ for an overall winner who shall get to fly to Tuscany for a fantastic 6 night luxury artistic retreat Having never been to Italy, but so wanting to, also loving textiles and creativity, I of course was eager to get my entry in. 

Firstly I gathered some of my fabrics.


Then I thought of a design for the patch, I knew it had to be something inspiring, that would bring a smile to my face and pretty, oh yes, it has to be pretty. 


   Soon I started cutting out my little inspiring shapes for the patch. Then I cut some more. 


I soon realised this was actually quite a fiddly job, but was enjoying every second.


What is so lovely about this campaign is that every single patch entered will be used in either a cushion or quilt, and which will then be donated to each of the 104 charities White Stuff support. I think that this is the real magical part of the project and am so happy the patches will go on to be used in this way. 

So here's a little peek at my finished patch which has a definite 'Home Sweet Home' vibe to it.



I shall look forward to handing it in, and am also looking forward to that little tea party - good luck if you join in and get thready with your patch! 

X

1 comment:

  1. Wow ! this reminds me of my child hood days when each one was given a work of threading to do. This crafting mojo is superb. Thank you for sharing this post with all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X