Wednesday 17 February 2016

Iconic Lights - Retro Telephone Lamp

I'm veering away from the very pink, girly look I post about so much and offering up something a little bit different from me today. As part of the home interiors ambassador programme at Iconic Lights I get to preview their new lighting designs, trends and, even on occasion, get to try out one or two of their stylish lights at home. 

Of course, there will always be a vintage, retro vibe to anything that makes it's way through my front door, and this table lamp is no exception. I am testing out the fantastically cool Retro Style Telephone Table Lamp and I have to say it looks stunning! In fact I think it's the first black table lamp that I have ever had at home, and it works really well against my white brick effect background. 

It arrived with the large black lampshade rolled up and you simply velcro the two plastic hoops provided onto the flattened out shade, remove the self-adhesive strip and stick the end of the shade in place. 



It was so simple to do, and perfect for home delivery as because the shade is rolled up there is very little chance of it arriving with any dents etc. Here is a photograph of one of the hoops being rolled onto the shade.


The black telephone base is so authentic and creates a very quirky vibe to the room.



Next, it was time to attach the lampshade to the base. As this is a vintage/retro style lamp, I really wanted to have a vintage style bulb too. I found this one when I was out and about and thought it perfect for the lamp.


The bulb, with it's squirrel cage filament, is really big and works so well with the table tamp, almost like they were made for each other.


I found the perfect spot for it in the corner of the dining room, I have already had lots of comments from visitors how lovely it is. Its quite an oversized lamp so a real statement piece!


I think it stands out really well on the drawer unit I painted, and with our "Just remember: As far as anyone knows we are a nice, normal family" hanging sign on one of the drawers - how I love that sign!


 When the light is switched on in the evening, it creates a lovely warm glow against the black shade.


I love this black and white image I took of it - very film noir.


Iconic Lights really do offer some amazing and quirky lights that are perfect for both vintage and contemporary interiors so if you're looking for new lighting, or some inspiration, I'd say their website is well worth a look.

X


Disclosure: As I am part of the Iconic Lighting brand ambassador programme, I was sent the Retro Telephone Lamp for the purposes of this blog post. All words and opinions my own.  

6 comments:

  1. The work that is done in the business universe of today is at a quick pace. beautiful lamp. how expensive is a 0800 line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important to determine the right Lighting Solutions for your living space because it contributes to the overall beauty of your home and helps in giving it a pleasant ambiance. floor lamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can i call 0800 numbers for free through skype?0800

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! https://www.montypythonlive.com/diy-led-grow-lights/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. ceiling lights

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed, and especially the remarks posted I will visit once more.  led lights

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X