Monday 24 August 2009

What I have Been Up To....

Well I am a year older, though don't know if I am a year wiser ;) Who are wise though, are the lovely people who treated me to some wonderful

Presents....


From Miss. and Master Poppins I have Sew Hot Mitmot to thank for their delightful gift to me. When we shared a room for Bargain Hunt, Mary sprayed some of her gorgeous L'occitane pillow mist on my pillow, I don't sleep very well and I fell in love with the mist as I had a wonderful night's sleep and I understand you can spray it on linens too. Was a lovely surprise when I unwrapped my gift from them.





From Mr. Poppins what more could crafty girl want, than some decent scissors along with some very useful money to go towards a new sewing machine. I am deciding between a Brother model, and a couple of Janome's.





My Mum always knows what I like. An adorable CK esque BHS towel bale.





Sisters too. The notebook is exquisite.





Brother's also have a good idea of what books I like to read.





Friends seem to know me so well. Especially Lesley





And Cheap2Chic I love the little tea towel and am going to applique a heart on it I think.





And of course I treated myself too with some birthday money :) A lovely and very pretty duvet set that was very reasonably priced. I am a little nervous now of how many different duvet sets I have, so don't think I had better count them, especially in front of Mr. P, and lets not talk about how many different rolls of wallpaper I have hidden in mystery corners, but could probably have a new duvet on the bed every night for weeks ;)




Shop Talk....


I have been a SAHM for a little while now and the time is a coming for me to enter the world of working women once more. For now to ease me in gently, I have decided to have a little go at networking to see if any retailers would like to sell some of my pretty handmade items I make for the home and or any of the furniture that I enjoy making over.





Well the day came for me to have my little get together with the shop owner. They seemed to like my wares and after a good olde chat about what would be suitable for their shop have asked me to make some pretties for their new season. Also, they are interested in selling a couple of small pieces of my hand painted shabby chic style furniture. So all in all a very good visit. I have quite a list to be getting on with, so am busily preparing a small craft room, ie Master P's bedroom, gathering my ingredients, and organising a new sewing machine and definitely some time management ;)

It would make me so proud to see some of my handmade pretties for sale, displayed in a beautiful environment.

Having a new venture to be getting on with it was also time to over haul my Blogshop, so I have thought long and hard, have come up with a new name and shall be listing some handmade pretties for you to browse at.


Been to the CS....


I was so delighted to find a lovely Purbeck vase in the same design as the dish I got from the CB a couple of weeks earlier. Also the candy stripe double sheet was a lovely find too.




A wonderful oil painting.





I almost squealed when I saw a delightful and very well love children's story book, entitled The Bairns Story Book.





I imagined the wonderful stories that awaited me when I turned the front cover.

Have a look what I did see.





A delightful music book, the Story Book cover and the music book must have been stitched together at some point. I thought was a lovely and unusual little thing.

Some gorgeous vintage annuals also came home with me.








Hangers....


I really enjoy making covered padded hangers, using vintage and floraly fabric. I think they look so sweet and love adding the pretty bows and ribbons, I may have to make a little brooch or two as they look adorable with a mini brooch. I found a lovely little tutorial if you would like to have a go.

Good job my mum found some more for me in my childhood home and I also saw some lovely ones at the CS.





Swap....

I am glad to say my Seaside Swap arrived safely with Tracey's Crafting Adventure

I am so glad you like everything, I had the most adorable swap from Tracey's Crafting Adventure and look forward to sharing with you the delights I received from Tracey. Feel free to say hello to Tracey if you would like to see what I sent her.

Well we have our filming at the auction soon for Bargain Hunt, and find out if we have made any profit on the items we chose. Ohooo my goodness do I share with you when our episode is broadcast, I don't know if I can bring myself to even watch it, lol, lets see, I shall maybe think about it ;)


X

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you and so pleased to hear you were thoroughly spoilt as all mum's should be!

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow and what a lot of lovely things! LOVE the towels, so ckesque! Your header picture is fantastic, and id like to d the same thing in my little locl shop of bits and pieces, they have so much gorgeousness and sell on a 5-/50 basis, so im thinking buy furniture from the dump and paint it lovely shades, a little oilcloth et voila! Maybe stitch a few hanging hearts too. Must get arse into gear in september when both girls are at school.
    Love the new header by the way, so so pretty!
    K xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have had some wonderful presents! And the things you have made deserve to do well.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely presents you recieved, you are very lucky! Absolutely love the towels, I want some!!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday! I am in love with that candy striped sheet

    good luck selling your wares x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you, what lovely presents! And good luck with your venture! Can't wait to see Bargain Hunt!! Love the new header too...
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday.
    What wonderful pressies you got.
    Good luck with your new venture, soo exciting to sell your beautiful lovelys in a shop, can't wait for some photo's.
    Let me know which sewing machine you decide on as I am looking to get a new one and am soo confused with all the jargon! All I want is one that does free motion stitching!!
    Love Sophie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    Such a lot of lovely stuff!
    I'm amazed at the grest things you find!

    So very pleased that you are selling to the L.Tree...when My S.I.L comes to stay I'll be taking her to see your wares!


    Have a lovely evening!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo i likey those towels i can feel a trip to BHS coming on :-)
    glad you like the presents - i loved mine as well :-)
    you will do fab with your new venture once you have your super duper new machine you will be flying :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!
    Lovely gifts, how lucky are you?
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Mary!

    Ive never owned a new sewing machine, sounds heavenly.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  12. A belated birthday to you!
    Lovely catch up post :) thankyou for sharing your pretties and you know I wish you the best of luck wiith your goodies in the shop XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad that you were spoilt and I so want the towels! Where did you buy that brilliant bed spread though? I really want it! Oh and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! What gorgeous pressies you received! Hope a great day was had all round!
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a lot of gorgeous pressies!! Happy birthday honey and so happy to see you were thoroughly spoilt with lots of shabby googies :D

    Ive looked online and cant find that towel bail - do you know if its only available in store?? Im off tomorrow to go track some down - its gorgeous!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! What beautiful gifts, I love the CK towels. Same taste! I have been really pleased with all the things you were given for your birthday.
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A rather belated Happy Birthday it was obviously a good one.
    Love the books find. Well done on your sales pitch too! May it be the first of many.
    CKx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, you were spoilt, lucky you!
    Love the towels and the bedding is beautiful. You have exceptionaly good taste.
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A belated happy birthday too you, you got some lovely things.

    Well done, I’m not surprised the shop will be selling your gorgeous bits.

    I am in love with the painting…love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colours! love all those gorgeous things! Suzie. I have become a folower, please pop by and have a peek at my blog sometime! Suzie:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, I have left a little something for you on my blog!
    Suzie X :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely cheery post and love all of your gorgeous pressie you obviously mean an awful lot to your family and friends as you do to us xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X