Tuesday 31 January 2012

Home Comforts Of The Rosali Kind....

When I saw this wicker dog basket by the bin of a friends house, I thought of our little dog and how he could really do with a bed like this, it had a lovely country look to it and a perfect size for our little boy....


Well of course I enquired within, and before you knew it I had kindly been given new ownership of it :) Lovely friends I have it has to be said. When I got it home, I couldn't wait to make a little soft mat for inside to keep him all cosy warm. Then, I dragged out all my bestest fabrics and took ages to decide with one to use to make his mat. He is a boy, he can't have florals I thought, but then I LURVE florals, so yes he can. He is a boy so he can't have pinks and reds I thought, but I LURVE pinks and reds. So anyway to cut the choosing fabric story short, I was going to go for a pretty Cath Kidston design and then thought as I have the new Rosali curtains from Ikea ( much better quality than the thin ones that were available years ago ) his new mat would co-ordinate with those. I just love my Rosali duck egg fabric and would so love to have a whole bolt of it. Perfect for upholstery and really hard wearing. Yes may get a little dirty here and there but can simply chuck the soft mat in the washing machine and there you are....

      
I double wadded it and is so comfy, I could almost climb in and sleep there myself....


Oh yes, very cosy. I wanted to give him a more boy-ish look on one side at least, and think the red gingham just perfect....


Of course the proof is in the pudding, so got my little man to test it out....


Do you think he likes his new bed?


Oh yes I think so. And I think he sits just perfectly at home on a bed of florals don't you? And as for the Cath Kidston collar that I had been searching ages for, I found one in store and looks just adorable on him....


Now all we need to do is keep him in there, he does seem to wander onto *proper* beds at times it has to be said ;)

X

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, glad am not the only one who thinks is cool for boys to wear flowers :) x

      Delete
  2. You have transformed the basket ,your little chap looks very cosy in it ,our dog bobby gets filthy everytime i take him out so the idea of having a pretty bed just wouldnt last but the idea is nice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of keeping it for best only ;)) He does always get a good rub down with the towel though time shall telly how muddy it shall get, making him a coat next. Maybe that shall help with the mud? x

      Delete
  3. It looks so pretty and I can say your dog loved it as he looks so peaceful in the picture. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Isobel :) Have to say he did roll his eyes a little when he saw the flowers ;)x

      Delete
  4. If you put him on the gingham fabric he'll look like a hot dog on a picnic basket! ;0)

    Like it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks adorable in his bed of roses...and the new collar too!
    Bella has a habit of turning round in circles and scratching furiously before she settles down in her bed,so that lovely cushion wouldn't last five minutes with her! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point actually, as he is a terrier, he has a habit of doing that too, digging away at his blankets...we shall see how long this lasts ( my poor Rosali ;)x

      Delete
  6. Lovely :) Guess what? I am covering an old footstool in the same fabrics - LOL!!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohooo hope you share, I wanna see :) Sounds lovely :) x

      Delete
  7. Such a gorgeous free basket and it is finished nicely with your cushion, love the fabric :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, have to say is a very cheery fabric and always makes me smile, very glad is back at Ikea in various forms :) Happy day to you too :) x

      Delete
  8. Love it, he looks very pleased with his new basket :) I think he quite likes the roses! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, he does look rather happy with the flowers doesn't he ;) x

      Delete
  9. It's lovely... and Rosali washes really well, so just let him enjoy it, dirt and all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie :) Ha ha yes you're right, although I think deep down I shall enjoy it more ;) Loved reading about all your chairs ;) I did chuckle at your comment :) Hope you are well and happy lovely xx

      Delete
  10. You are going to ruin him!!!
    Better not let the cat see this post, she'll be on strike..

    Will email you.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am indeed ;) Like having a new baby all over again....Look forward to the email :) xx

      Delete
  11. Oh he's lovely!!!! And the bed & cushion are nice too!! LOL I LOVE that fabric & feel a little trip to Ikea coming on! Our little fella has inherited my son's Thomas Tank fleece from when he was a toddler, but that cat has since taken over his basket, so he's ended up on the back of the armchair again!! Poor Bruno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nina :) Ha ha I bet Bruno loves his armchair :) Oh yes get your skates on to Ikea, although this cotton duck one is no longer available I have seen the lighter weight one in, and one or two other Rosali things :) x

      Delete
  12. He looks so blissed out in that flowery bed! I know that if our dog was in it it wouldn't stay so pretty and crisp for long! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep checking for muddy paw prints, nothing as yet ;) Actually he seems to prefer my bed...hmmmm not daft is he ;)

      Delete
  13. That's soooo cute! The dog and the bed! I heard a rumour that Ikea were discontinuing Rosali, so I bought loads.....they aren't lol. but now I have some lovely new curtains and cushions :-) Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Yes has been a right saga hasnt it, is it back isn't it ;) I remember it first time round years ago and liked it then too. Think they are bringing more and more of it back, so yippee for us Rosali loving girls :) Bunting shall be with you soon, apologies for taking agees, orders have just had me with no time to spare, just need to finish off the bias and all done :) xx

      Delete
  14. Sweet little bed, and sweet little dog in it! Love the Rosali fabric, (I have a cushion in it) and it looks gorgeous combined with the red gingham too.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, did toy with a Cath Kidston print, but realised I didn't Love him THAT much ;)) Ha ha of course I do :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X