Monday 15 July 2013

C.P. Hart ~ The Perfect Bathroom Challenge - Update

Quick update from the team at C.P. Hart, one of the UK's leading bathroom retailers and suppliers of bespoke and luxury bathrooms. They challenged me to design my perfect bathroom and having set up my pinterest board, and based on a blank canvas of one of C. P. Hart's bathroom suites, my aim was to design a bathroom I could relax and unwind in. The winning design ~ as judged by the team at C.P. Hart, would be rendered into a 3D image, featured on the website and included in the 2014 brochure. C.P. Hart, who have some inspiring bathroom design ideas loved my vintage look, in fact mine was the only vintage style design offering, but perhaps was just not commercial enough to be a leading design to front their brand. C.P. Hart are indeed an innovative bathroom retailer who are the front runners when it comes to designing some stunning modern bathrooms so probably my vintage style bathroom didn't quite have that contemporary feel and look to be a 'showcase' design. My 'Perfect Bathroom' pinterest board was definitely more old school, than new school and I just can't help but be inspired by all things old and charming...

(Image courtesy of housetohome)
 (Image courtesy of thevintagehome)
(Image courtesy of housetohome)
(Image courtesy of housetohome)
In fact, I like things so vintage-esque in my bathroom, I'd of loved to have bathed the children in one of these when they were younger ;)

 A bathroom for me is that special haven to go and relax in - to almost get into a state of meditation and to let ones thoughts wander off. The best environment for me to do so in, would have to be somewhere that had a feel of days gone by, that had a charming and old fashioned feel to it. So, I would always try to re-create that look and hopefully capture the 'vintage' mood. I do like a bit of modern of course, and occasionally I wish for a wet room look, a bit like this design from C.P. Hart themselves.

  
Modern indeed, but also very chic. We could get all the family done in one go in there ;) However for now, I think I'll stick with my old fashioned styling as it seems is a look I just can't quite give up!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X