Friday 29 November 2013

Ferrero Rocher Time!

With Christmas fast approaching, it must be time to get the chocolates out! With myself and my family being rather partial to a chocolate or two, we were more than happy to try out some Ferrero Rocher chocolate delights! For me, Christmas isn't Christmas without a Ferrero Rocher chocolate in hand, and a pack or two often goes in the trolley whilst I'm doing the Christmas shopping. We all gathered round to open this lovely hamper that turned up.


To be honest we weren't quite sure what may be hidden within the sparkly golden straw, and it felt like a lucky dip delving in to see what chocolate treat we could find. 


I don't think anything could have prepared us for the delicious Ferrero Rocher surprises that we did indeed find in there!


Oh my! In the hamper was a pretty tin of Raffaello by Ferrero Rocher, a Ferrero Rocher Christmas Tree, Ferrero Rocher Gold Tin, Ferrero Rocher Cone, a Ferrero Collection box, two mini gift boxes and even some pretty Christmas tree decorations. A chocoholics dream!

We really didn't know where to start. As it was, I was very keen to try out one of the Raffaello chocolates, 'light and tempting layers of wafer, a delicately creamy centre and a toasted almond, all finished with a sprinkling of coconut'. These were delicious, the creamy centre being my most favourite bit. The children couldn't wait to get stuck into one of the original Ferrero Rocher chocolates, it felt such a posh treat to them unwrapping the sparkling gold paper, and they may have helped themselves to one more whilst I wasn't looking ;) Being a fan of dark chocolate, Mr. Poppins was eager to taste one of the Rondnoir chocolates from the Ferrero collection box, the Rondnoir, 'which has a new hazelnut centre encased in a dark chocolate pearl - giving a rich and rounded flavour - perfect for a cold winter's night' sounds delicious. Having never tried one before, he just loved it, and went straight in for another. I think its fair to say that we may now have our chocolates covered for Christmas, and I can't resist having some dotted around the home in vintage dishes for guests to help themselves to also. At this rate I doubt they'll be any left for the Christmas table ;)   
   
As for the two mini gift boxes, well they have put aside ready to be popped in a couple of special peoples stockings, we all love a tangerine in our Christmas stockings, but who can say no to a little Ferrero Rocher in there too :)
Disclosure: We were sent a hamper with various Ferrero Rocher chocolates to try out for the purposes of this blog post. All words and opinions my own.

2 comments:

  1. Those views of the chocolates under the straw in the hamper were fabulous sights for this chocolate lover.

    Why is it that that generous company has not yet sent me a hamper? In my inner ear, I hear Eartha Kitt singing "Santa Baby." I add my own chocolate focused lyrics.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh wow! I love Ferrero Rocher chocs, sooooo yummy! You lucky lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X