Friday 27 February 2009

Dipping Toes....




So I am tentatively dipping my toes back into the Blogging Waters. Life is a little calmer at Home Sweet Home. I am not moaning so much regarding the lack of building and decoration work that is being done, I am kind of getting used to stepping over the kitchen sink that is yet to be plumbed in,and I have had many mornings of waking up to a ten foot steel girder holding up the new dormer bathroom. I find comfort in the sounds of howling wind through the many cracks that need to be filled, though not sure if I shall ever get used to there being no doors on the loo quite yet though :) I am very pleased to say that all my BHS chandeliers, all 32 energy saving light bulbs worth of them are now up, as is the outside lighting, so we can nearly say goodbye to the sparkies.


Here are some pretties that have come home with me that you may like :)


A gorgeous vintage Sewing Basket, the braid was somewhat shabby so I have bought a cream to compliment the lovely colours, the basket cost me £3.50, though does have a rather vintagy smell that seems to be in love with the basket, any tips on how to give my new little gem a lovely pretty smell greatly appreciated.





I love the cute handles.





Some lovely CK Esque storage and very cheap too.








Some lovely 20p favourites.





Gorgeous LA Floraly Wellingtons, half price Homebase £14.99





Special favourites, a beautiful cake stand £2.00, a wonderful Enid Blyton Big Ears egg cup £1.00, and the most delightful Musical Bavarian Folk Dancers, they are so sweet and dance on their magical stage to the music of Dr. Zhivago, one of my one pound beauties.





A very special TeaTowel from the special and lovely Sew Hot Mitmot How could I not love these special words, I think I am going to frame it.





The prettiest cameo necklace sent to me by the lovely bride to be Dolly Dollop , Claire had won a lovely giveaway from the very wonderful Shabby Angel which included some very pretty jewellrey, I had mentioned to claire how I had rather fallen in love with her gorgeous necklace, and as she had two the same, sent me a wonderful suprise, one of the charming cameos. Thank you so much claire and thank you angel for sending her such beautiful things.





Now what could be in this delightful handmade little pouch.





Now there's a name I love so much :)





And look, whose little dainty feet are these.



Of course it is gorgeous Daisy the Lillipeg Doll who I had had especially made for me by the so delightfully talented Lucy Bloom she is for a very special someone named Daisy. Thank you lucy she is gorgeous and do please click on her you shall see how delightful she is, and thank you for the lovely little treats you sent too.





I adore my new thrifted Smile poster, such charming words and I like to think I am a smiler, often saying good morning to my kindly neighbours and greet them with a smile.





Do you often buy things that you are not really sure what they are but fall in love with them as they are so pretty, well it is exacly what happened when I perchanced on this little beauty. A gorgeous Handbag Retainer and at 75p she had to come home with me, wont I look posh when I am coffeeing with friends and pull out my little retainer for my bag :)





So I hope you don't mind if I shufty back in, maybe no one shall know I have ever been away, I look forward to seeing how you are doing and thank you so much for all your cheery comments on my previous posts, apologies I haven't been able to respond to you all, though know that your prayers and thoughts for Mr. P and his collegue, who I am very glad to say has kept his job too, have been very, very gratefully received.


X

22 comments:

  1. lovely to have you back sweetie, have missed you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back! There's definitely been a Mary Poppins shaped hole in blogland :)

    Lovely bargains by the way!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have you back lovely Mrs Poppins. :)
    Your posts make me happy. I'm glad you are at peace with the building work. Oooh and you know we'll need photos of the lighting right?

    Oh and yes I buy things which I'm not quite sure of their purpose. Mad women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to have you back and with such delightful goodies to show aswell.
    I'm loving the big ears egg cup!
    Have a great weekend.
    Big hugs
    Bekixxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have you back, glad you liked the tea towel it really was a 'saw this and thought of you' moment when i found it! I really feel for you with the building work as we undertook a complete renovation of our home, luckly we did not have to live in it for the first 3 months of work, but it was several months after we moved in when we got any doors up in the house, you do get used to whistling whilst you pee! we are awaiting planning permission to add a granny annexe and new master bedroom, so will be going through it all again soon :-0
    mm XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcom back, Mary.
    You really had some nice bargains. Love the sewing basket. I can't help you with the smell though.
    I did send out the little present yesterday. I know didn't want anything in return. But it was so sweet of you to send me the mag, I just had too.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Bye,
    Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back in Blogland Mary! Glad you are ok and thanks for sharing pics of your pretties.

    On the subject of your little basket with its "vintage smell" ... would some bicarb of soda, sprinkled inside it for a few days do the job? It seems to absorb yukky smells quite well. If not, some lavender, perhaps?

    Willow xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to have your back Mary P! Thank goodness you weren't gone toooooo long. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - What Katy Did - I must have read all of those in my childhood plus the Enid Blyton's - could get lost for days in them !! Welcome back. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many lovely things! The litte suitcases, the basket, the doll...I love to visit your blog.

    A nice weekend to you.
    Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Mary you def took the bull by its horns!!

    Welcome back!!!

    Thankyou once more for all my lovely gifts.

    Love the sewing box.

    Clare

    excellent verifaction word = bumpsa!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi sweetie - love all your bits and pieces and i loved seeing your light fittings as well they all look so lovely ! home sweet home is looking better and better its just hard when your living in it !
    see you soon :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pleased you are back xx
    And what a great post :)
    Lovely bargains - the bavarian dancers are sooooo cute xxx
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see you! Love all your goodies too.Hope your weekend is going well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad to have you back sweetie

    April xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely to see you blogging again and so pleased your in a happier place xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely to see you blogging again and so pleased your in a happier place xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is so lovely too have you back, and a post with so many pretty things, I love those wellingtons!!!
    It was bad enough when we did our house, it will all look so lovely when it’s all done.
    Enjoy what is left of the weekend…love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely to have another post from you, and you made me laugh so much - I think that's the first time the word 'fondling' has appeared on my blog!!!! LOL.
    What lovely things - did the bicarb trick work with the sewing basket... I need to treat mine. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. My parents have just begun a decorating campaign and at the moment i'm sitting in our dining room with nothing but a table and chairs in it!!! the hallways have no paper on them and they've decided as if that wasn't enough they're going to re-do the kitchen as well! i wouldn't mind so much if i wasn't having to constantly reassure my parents that they choices of paint... furniture etc were the right ones!!

    I love your sewing basket, great little find.

    Victoria xxx

    PS Great to have you back and thank you once again for the wonderful giveaway package!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi I have those storage boxes too and I bought some of the pink ones with white stars too all half price (just what we like half price!).
    i love the Lucy Bloom Creation dolly she is just so talented and it is always a joy to open something from Lucy as its exciting un wrapping it too !x Dom

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary
    what i do with my baskets and did with my work basket is wipe it out with a damp cloth it wont harm ..then another one soaked in fabric softener !!it has always worked for me also you could use the bicarb tip ..dry ,or in the water of the first wipe around i also put the hoover
    I have got lots of this Ck lookalike boxes too
    A tip for jam jars is Lakeland sell gingham lids in red/blue 12 for about £2.10 cheers up a jar a treat !
    Kieren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X