Sunday 14 June 2009

FRIENDS....

Thank you all so much for your wonderful and heartwarming messages on my previous post. Words cannot express how much they all meant to me, apologies if I haven't got round to thanking you all personally but for now, thank you so very much :)

So, to my beautiful and special friends swap. As some of you know Beki has been holding a friends swap and I was partnered with Rachywachywooo and a couple of days ago I received a wonderful parcel from Rachel through the post.


You probably all know by now how the swap was working, you were to send a little gift each representing the letters in the word friends.

Here is everything so beautifully wrapped.





So, F was for Fragrance and a beautiful Fresh Cut Roses fragranced Yankee candle in a sweet glass holder, dressed in the most prettiest handmade lace and buttoned jacket.





R was for Roses, I knew I was going to love this one. The most gorgeous and exquisite Road Pottery china little bowl with lid. The lid is decorated with the most gorgeous Yellow Rose, a special favourite of mine. It really is so pretty.





What, a little gift inside too, how can a girl be so lucky. A delightful and beautiful vintage floral rose brooch. A definate for special occasions, I love it.





I was for Initial, and the sweetest little handmade pillow with my initial on. It is so lovely and now resides on our hallway table looking pretty.





E was for Edibles, now I have to admit Lindor is a firm favourite in our house so can you please use your imagination for that one. I am afraid we ate them all. Also with the yummy chocolates were the loveliest little sweeties for the children inside a sweet silicone cup cake case.





N was for notes and the cheeriest Classic Pooh notecards and envelopes. There are two designs with the words, If friends are near, all bothers disappear and Friends are worth holding onto. Very true, special words.





D was for Dusting and Dishes, a real treat here. A very useful and lovely to look at CK duster, though knowing me I shall find a non dusting use for it. And the most magnificent 1921 Sylvac dish in the wonderful, and my favourite, colours of green and pink. I shall feel like the queen bathing with this beautiful dish by my side, or delving into the pretty dish to decide which piece of jewellery I shall wear on that day. Indeed it has many uses and is so very me.





And, finally S was for Soak, a beautiful heart shaped lavender bath bonanza. I shall so enjoy using this after a hard days work looking after Master Poppins.





Rachel, you have touched me so very much with your special gifts. I adore each and every one of them and could never have dreamt to have received the wonderful and special gifts that you have sent. I really enjoyed doing this swap with you and thanks too to Beki for organising it.


Right, someone who shall remain nameless who lives in this house has decided it would be a good idea to have a little stall at the School Summer Fayre. Mmmmm yes I guess that would be me than ;) So if you don't see me again for a while I shall be knee, no ceiling deep in fabric, ribbon, buttons, pins, threads and all manner of crafty things.

Looking forward to it, only wish I gave myself a little more notice, Ohooo well that's me, everything last minute. Would you like a little lookey at some of my hearts, here you are then, a little taster.





For some of my makes, I have been taking inspiration from my wardrobe, here are a couple of colours I am loving right now, the necklace is a beautiful vintage one I purchased from my favourite CS, I love it and it seems to go with everything.
And the top, very Mary Poppins!





Right guess I better go and make something pretty :)

X

19 comments:

  1. Hello Mary, what lovely things you recieved... I think you deserve them though! Your last post was so moving to read, and deeply touching, I can only begin to imagine how you feel. Take your time, and listen to your own heart. Big, big hugs, Lydia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely goodies - and you are so deserving of them all

    April xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I really enjoyed opening your presents with you. They are delightful and it is obvious that a lot of thought has gone into those gifts. I also read your last post and one other. My feelings are with you regarding the son you lost :)
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mary,
    i am so pleased that you like them.
    i have been thinking about you alot after i read your previous post,i cant even imagine what you must have gone through and continue to go through,there are no words.
    only that you all have been in my thoughts.

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely swap!!
    Hope the fete goes well, though I'm sure it will anyway.
    Your necklace has reminded me of one I used to have. Lovely bright vivid green cut glass beads. I got it from a jumble sale when I was about 10, wore it loads as a teenager, but sadly it's one of those things that has been lost over the years.
    I'd forgotten about it until I saw your photo.

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious parcel to receive. Lucky thing. Some really beautiful and well thought out items. Such a lovely idea.
    CKx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely swap gifts!
    The leaf bowl is enchanting!

    Mary please could I have the date of the fair?
    I'd love to come along and support you and raise money for a good cause...My Sister who is is here with me said she would like to go and bring my niece....we could do with something to look forward to...

    Melxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty pretty post -what would you expect with an enchanting name like Mary Poppins! love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, lovely swap Mary! And I love your necklace!

    I am pleased that that poem could mean something to you.
    I myself am a little sad at the moment. Nothing too serious, just that DH and I have been trying for our own bundle of joy for a year and a half now. It's hard, especially walking past baby shops that I thought I'd have been able to visit by now. I guess I just have to be patient.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great swap goodies Mary, very pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry I missed your other post, I haven’t been on the computer much, like you I have said I will have a stall at the fete, the fete will be a week on Friday, I have got so much to do.
    I hope I’m not too late to send my love and a big hug!!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    I loved all of your bits you got in your swap!!!

    Love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary ~ What a lovely parcel to have received. I have just read your last post and my thoughts are with you. I know how you feel, and sometimes it is so hard to move on. It think it does help slightly when you have other children to focus on ~ I know that helps me. Take Care Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Mary, looking forward to seeing your stall all set up - don't forget to enter my birthday giveaway :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. thankyou for displaying my wares on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So charming !^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you got your goodies - the lady at the post office said you might not get it till next week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope all goes well with the fair Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have tagged you on my blog - please pop over to have a look. MM xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Theres something on my blog for you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X