Sunday 21 June 2009

All The Fun Of The Summer Fair....

Phew I am shattered! I have made more pretties in the last week or so than I have have ever made. I thought it would be nice to have a little table at the Summer School Fair. Now you clever people would be very good at doing your organising, making your pretties, working out your costs and the like well in advance of your fair. Well moi, organised nada, gave myself 10 days or so notice before the fair and then as some of you know went on a mad making frenzy, fell out of love with my sewing machine many times, and had moments when I NEVER wanted to see a piece of fabric again.I am happy to say it was all worth it :) Here are some of my makes.


Handmade all things pretty 'business' cards.





Personalised children's tote bags.





Girls lining.





Boys lining.





Eco Shoppers.








Personalised photo frames.





Pretty scrunchies.





Children's drawstring bags with handmade bookmark and sweeties.











Fabric buckets.





Personalised bunting.





Happy hearts :)





More bookmarks.





So, the day of the fair came, and I enjoyed setting up my table.














Thank you so much for all the encouragement and support I have recieved, I am very inspired my many of you, and you have all helped me believe in myself and it was lovely to have people want to part with their hard earned cash to have one of my handmade pretties in their home. I very much enjoy making pretties aimed at the children's market, I love playing with pretty fabric, and maybe this is where my talent lies, making for babies and children, who knows. I have decided to have an overhaul of my blogshop as many mummies were wondering if I had an online shop and liked the idea of being able to order handmade personalised gifts for children's birthday's etc.

So, I would say the day was a success, I recieved many personalised orders, the bunting was a favourite, I think I am quite competitively priced, I have seen many personalised buntings for sale in shops for £25.00/£30.00, I would never pay this for my children, though of course I am yet to really sit down and work out my costs. The hearts went down well, especially with the young boys who bought a couple for their 10 year old girlfriends ;)

I have a pencil booking for a fair in October so hopefully, have given myself plenty of notice to work out all the things I should have worked out for summer one LOL.

I would say though the highlight of the day was seeing people walking with one of these in their hands, my all things pretty bags. Thanks to Lesley who managed to get me my pretty bags, packs of 10 for under a £1.00, and also to the lovely CS ladies who I have come to know so well at my favourite CS, who got me the pretty raffia.



Thank you too to the wonderful Lissy Lou And The 2 Little Boys for her wonderful giveaway I won, it was a delight to unwrapp everyting.


Beautiful and gorgeous smelling chocolate candles that smell of the most wonderful, well, chocolate.





A beautiful handmade in England jug.





Some delightful dolly pegs, place setting holders and a pretty washbag.





And some fantastic scrap booking goodies and stickers for the children.





Thank you so much Lissylou, a very generous and thoughtful giveaway. I love it :)


I believe thanks are needed too for the lovely invitation I had.





I am very honored, but have to decline on this occasion from sheer tiredness I am afraid, I would most probably be asleep in the lovely rocking chair underneath the apple tree, and if awake I reckon on me slurring my words, no, no, no, no, no not from the Pimms, but from lack of sleep !

Do have a lovely time and have lots of fun :) Can't wait to hear what you all got up to.


I have found a lovely gem on freecycle, a beautiful old sewing box piled high with goodies, some of you know my love of butterflies so to find the pretty butterfly lace inside was a lovely little treat. You never quite know what you are going to get with freecycle but when I saw the sewing box, I definately went home skipping.





I think it is really sweet and in my favourite colours too.


Righteo, have to remember it is Father's Day and need to go and have some fun :) Hope you have a lovely day, thinking of those of you, who, like me, for very different reasons, don't have your fathers around at this time.

Have a lovely week.

X

28 comments:

  1. Wow Mary you have been busy!!
    I'm also trying to corner the personalised market, what with all the unusual names around!

    I made 4 hearts last week so not as productive as you.

    Clare

    Ps. Forgot to say that I have two godmothers and they are both called Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely stall Mary, you sure have been busy!
    I had the same problem with my last market, I kept thinking I had plenty of time until I realised I only had 5 days left aaarrrggghhh, it sure creeps up on ya.
    I'm so glad you had a great day!
    (((hugs)))
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mary, love the paper bags, no one would be in any doubt which stall they came from *wink*

    Love and blessings
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't BELIEVE just HOW many beautiful things you made ... delighted you took a photo of the stall ..


    Wonderful!

    Well done....so now are you starting your online shop?

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Mary, what lovely things you made

    April xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo didnt it look fab all set up you should be very proud of your very very hard work!!! well done i knew you would be a big success :-)
    roll on the next one ;-)
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, your stall looked wonderful and the pretty things you make do you proud. I have to say it is great to see you take such trouble to make the world a prettier place. You have succeeded. Power to your sewing arm. Now start making for the October fair. Oh, and keep us informed of your progress.
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  8. me again:-) would you mind letting me know what the lining on the girls totes is please? its very nice indeed ! i had a little spend in Laura Ashley today with the 25% off but was very good :-)
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Mary! I love everyting esp the childrens tote bags, just gorgeous!!
    Don't forget to check out my blog (fri 19th post) as theres something on there for you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a successful fair! I'm not surprised you did well as everything looked so pretty!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made such a success of the fete...wonderful Mary....and you made it look so very pretty!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pretty's, your stall looked fab. Very inspiring going to get my sewing machine out next weekend. Great freecycle find too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful - only wish I could have been there to see it all for real!

    Well done

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a wonder dear Mary! your stall must have stopped people in their tracks, I am so pleased it went well for you ,can you rub past me please as I need some of your crafty talent to rub off on meeeee!
    lol lol!
    GTM x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous lovely upbeat post and as I said on SCC your stall was just an explosion of lovliness xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - you hvae been busy and what lovely, beautiful items you had.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so pleased it went well Mary, your stall looks beautiful - I would have been one of those customers who just stands there and umms and ahhs about what to buy then ends up buying everything!! Well done you - you deserve all your success and I hope you made lotsa money!! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow look at all the pretty thing that you made!you must have been really busy

    and to let you know my rachywachywoo/kraftygal account will soon be deleted

    this is my new blog,

    i hope you can stop by sometime

    have a lovely day

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. just to let you know my rachywachywoo/kraftygal account will soon be deleted

    this is my new blog,

    i hope you can stop by sometime

    have a lovely day

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! That's a lot in 10 days. Great things you made there. Very exciting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow well for only a few days you certainly put on a good stall and i'm not surprised you did so well, it looks fantastic.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a great blog. I really enjoy my visit and will return. Lovely, pretty things :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning stuff Mary love all your makes, how you do it all i will never know! i bet all the yummy mummys were grappling at your stall. :-)

    Been away alot from blogland and need to catch up with all your news, so i am off for a snout round all your posts i have missed.

    Loads of love and a gazzilion kisses..... Mwah XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, you talented talented lady!!! You are a star Mary! Well done you.
    BTW, I'm sorry I haven't yet thanked you for the poem (or I don't think I have - my brain is frizzled). But thank you, it was beautiful and means allot to me.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mary,
    I am sorry for not having been around more here and on SCC.
    I am glad that you sold so much at the fair. I love the personalized frames and the rose bags.
    Take care,
    Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for the parcel - i have bloged about it MM xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have been one busy lady! What wonderful things you've made...so Cath Kidston!....I LOVE it all.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X