Monday 17 October 2011

Lovely Friends, Lovely Finds....

Oh I do love sweet little items from the olden days, I really do. I don't know what it is but all the new stuff ( and some of it very pretty ) just doesn't move me as much. I think it is the thought that an item has been well loved, used, and perhaps has a story behind it. When a lovely friend ( whose pretty garden you can see on this post ) of mine said she had one or two bits for me, I got a little excited as my friend and I have quite similar tastes....

So sweet were these little foreign vintage rose placemats, so much smaller than the ones we use today, but oh so cute....


Seeing the old money mark, they only cost 12 1/2 p....


They are double sided and really light up the dinner table with their floral design, and have a sort of 3d effect so really pop out at you....


Lovely gold edges make these just lovely....


Ohooo there was more in the little bag, why thank you friend. A really sweet basket weave posy vase in the prettiest of colours....


With a makers mark *H O England* that I really can't find anything about, so makes it for me a very interesting piece. I can't wait to get some pretty flowers in there. Talking of pretty I think this Dunmoy Linen tablecloth she also gave me is just the prettiest of colours....


The colours remind of Love Hearts ....


And the most adorable matching linen napkins....


I just love them, and have to say I am not sure I could bear to wipe my mucky chops on those pretty things. My friend couldn't resist popping one of these in the bag too, I adore the sunshiny packaging, so cheery....


So, what a lovely kind friend I have and who just knows what pretty delights shall bring a smile to my face, I just love, love to be taken back to days gone by....

X



8 comments:

  1. Oooo lovely the tablecloth is soooo pretty
    twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely things! The coasters are just beautiful!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely, how kind of your friend, and great that you share the same tastes! The placemats are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - fab matts- - Ms Kidston owes a lot to said vintage lovelies doesn't she!

    Fleur
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary,
    What a lovely friend and such lovely gifts for a lovely girl :)
    The colours are so gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ciao molto belli i teli i colori sono fantastici.. baci a presto Lù..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X