Monday 17 December 2012

A Charity Shop Girl At Heart

" It is not important what is under the Christmas tree, but the people who are around it...."

....However Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without giving a little gift or two and this Christmas I really wanted to put a lot of thought in finding gifts for my loved ones. Sometimes I really can't believe how much money is spent at Christmas, often it seems the more money is spent on someone the more we must care. Of course this is not the case and for many, who like me, simply can't afford to spend hundreds of pounds on gifts at Christmas, I like to moochy around the charity shops. I really enjoy thinking of what that person may like and so many times have found the perfect gift for a loved on in a charity shop. you just never know what you may find in there....

Oh how I loved this. Perfect for Master Poppins who shall have hours of fun with these ever so retro pocket binoculars which I think were made in Japan, and from the 60's....





He shall absolutely love these binoculars, and I think an utter bargain for £. I can't wait for him to view the world through them. As for my next charity shop fine, I can only give a peeky as I wouldn't want someone to spy it before the big day. I adored it as soon as I saw it and I knew would be the perfect gift for somone special. Hopefully she shall fall in love with it like I did....




I couldn't help but pick up a Christmas pretty or two along the way. As I have somewhat of a silver theme going on with the tree this year, I loved these NOEL decorations, 4 for £1....




They really do go so nicely with the rest of the tree....




My humour really knows know bounds as I just HAD to have this kitsch gnome that makes a little , urmmm bottom 'noise' when one walks past it. Well worth the £1.95 price for all the laughter we've had already. This is going to be a special treat for a person who I know shall really appreciate it ;)


Now this little £3.95 charity shop number may not look like the kind of gift one would like to unwrap on Christmas day....


Not my usual pretty little number huh, but kinda cute. He is actually an original, handmade in Norway Ny Form Troll, which being the Speed Skater troll, has now been discontinued. You can read about the trolls here if you fancy. It was actually Miss.Poppins who spied this one in the charity shop as she thought was a bit of a bargain and knew the original trolls, especially the discontinued ones could fetch a bit. Think I'll take her every time we go troll hunting....



Ah, I think he has rather grown me and have thought of the perfect person he can go to for Christmas. They apparently bring good luck too, so actually I think quite a sweet, unique gift and he still has his original label....




There really is something quite special in my opinion of having a vintage Christmas. I think it is perhaps the nostalgia of it all and I just love helping myself to a choccy or two served in a pretty vintage dish....


So bring on the Sinatra.... 


And gather those we love around the table to remember days gone by....

Merry Christmas one and all :))

X

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mary lovely goodies. I had those binoculars and remember having hours of fun with them. Love the gnome and the troll.....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The binoculars are cute aren't they, he'll love them and just a pound :) The gnome has certainly brought us much laughter ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Hahahahaha! You are joking, right? Your blog has become one big advertising and freebie-grabbing machine and now you want everyone to believe you are having a low-key charity shop Christmas!!!! :D Good joke! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X