Saturday 8 December 2012

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas

Finally, after some days of feeling under the weather, poorly and generally not feeling like doing anything, I  found the energy to begin the decoration of the tree. I find Christmas a really cheery time and love looking at everyone's pretty decorations and the twinkling lights on trees always bring a smile to my face. This year I have stepped away from my normal traditional red/white look and gone for a somewhat silver look. I thought it would have a cold feel to it but actually I really, really like it. When we got tree #2 (long story, tree #1 didn't quite work out) in its little stand with water and stretched out the branches, it was time to get the decorations out. I am really happy with the look....   


The silver aspect rather than giving a cold feel, actually looks very pretty and there is certainly enough sparkle on there. The Poundland butterflies are perfect and so easy to just clip on....


Decorations I already had  from over the years also suit the look....   

It did feel strange though leaving off all my red decorations, but I have dotted some of favorite ones around the house so they can still be admired. I think this little Bonne Mamon jar I had and popped some candy canes in looks cute. The ribbon I glued on creates a special Christmas touch....


I had bought these 12 baubles a while ago from the charity shop for £1, they are beautifully vintage, and so pretty I had to photograph them twice. I cant wait to get them on the tree.... 

So until I am feeling a bit more with it, and can finish all of it off with the children, we kind of have a 3/4 decorated tree, but I think looks good for now...

 Nearly there....

Merry Christmas one and all. Have you got your tree up yet?

X

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Poppins..I absolutely adore your vintage pink/white Christmas baubles. They were such a bargain at that price..but I think I would have been prepared to pay far more for them they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage baubles are so much nicer then new ones! I still have the ones we used when I was a child. Your tree looks lovely already! We put ours up on Tuesday as it was a day off for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Beautiful Mary,love your pretty vintage baubles. And so glad your feeling better.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't got the tree up yet, but it will be soon. I'm going to let my grandson help and he only comes here on Fridays. I like your decorations and yes the silver does look very nice. I went all white one year with a white tree and lots of white, silver and similar decorations. I loved it for a few years but then went back to green, red and gold again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X