Friday 18 October 2013

Diamond Ring

Back in the Summer I was set a challenge by the UK's leading online retailer of wedding rings Wedding Rings Direct to come up with some unique and interesting wedding anniversary gift ideas. I had great fun thinking of some original and traditional ideas for the first five years of marriage. I was extremely delighted and surprised to hear from Wedding Rings Direct that my suggestions stood out as offering some very inspiring suggestions (I think it was possibly that sheperherd's hut idea for a fifth 'wood' anniversary, I mean, who couldn't fall in love with the idea of staying in one of those!) and I had been selected to receive a gift from them. Ohooo how exciting I thought!

When I found out that the gift was indeed going to be a custom made ring worth around £250, I was overwhelmed. I was sent out a ring sizer and I opted for a selection of sample rings to be posted by special delivery, there is normally a charge for this service and you can read about the service here Having the sample rings to try on, touch, determine their weight etc I found so helpful. From the six sample rings I was sent I knew straight away which one was the right one for me. A ring which is similar is shape/size to an eternity ring I wear on my wedding finger.

As soon as my size and style of ring was chosen by myself, it was then on to picking the metal and hopefully the inclusion of a little diamond. Being a lover of platinum and white gold and bearing in mind my budget, I decided on a 9ct white gold for the metal and double comfort medium, 4mm for the band. I was overjoyed to find out I could indeed have a pretty little 3 pt diamond included and set centrally to the ring. All I had to do then was wait for it to be professionally made in their workshop and in around 3 weeks the ring would arrive. It's perfect and so very me, although my daughter has her eyes on it, so I know it shall be gifted to her one day, luckily it fits beautifully on her too, handy that!

Here it is in it's blank form and kind of the start of the ring making process.


Next it was the filing and setting of the diamond in the workshop - its quite lovely to see images of my very own pretty ring being made.


Soon the final ring was ready.


It really is beautiful!


It came presented in a little jewellrey ring box to keep it safe when not worn.


The diamond has been set wonderfully and although it's not a whopper - it is simply understated yet very classy in my opinion. In fact, I've only been wearing it for special occasions as I don't want those inevitable first 'new ring' scratches to come just yet.


 So, thank you Wedding Rings Direct, what a lovely and special surprise - I love it!


      

1 comment:

  1. After read and see the engagement diamond ring i am gonna very amazing for taking one for my engagement. Keep it up.
    James Adamson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X