Sunday 13 October 2013

Orla Kiely Tesco Bags

I don't know if any of you have been collecting the lovely Orla Kiely charity bags for Tesco, but I have been delighted to spy one in the store every so often. I think I spied my first one back in 2010, priced very competitively at £4.00 and have remained at this price ever since. I think the lovely and re-usable bags offer great value and with each one purchased, a contribution of 50p is divided and sent to CLIC and The Royal College of Art. I don't know how many are being released, or indeed if I have all of the designs, but I thought I'd share my little collection of seven different designs with you. I've forgotten exactly what order I purchased them in and if you have any different ones I would love to know :)

I loved the pear design on this one and if I remember rightly the first design released back in 2010.


This one I only got last week, so could still be in store, I love, love, love the jazzy red handles!


I think this may be have been purchased over a year ago, and maybe the second design released? Quite a retro design I thought.


  Next up we have this flowery number - it didn't quite float my boat straight away, but is turning out to be one of the favourite's in my collection.


I had to have this floral dot style - just love it and really like the contrasting green handles.


Next is this very 70s inspiring design, mustard's and greens are not my normal favourite colours, but I think work well in this design.


Finally is this jazzy sunflower-esque design. I love its zingy colours and think would make a great wallpaper.


So there you are, my little Orla Kiely collection - next time you are in Tesco I'd say it's well worth a little moochy (they are normally at the end of the tills) to see if there are any new designs.


I would love to know how many were/are being released - they really are super little bags and especially so as worthy charities are benefiting too :)

7 comments:

  1. I also have. A thing for these bags, but own just a modest collection of 4! I have a red and black bird pattern one. I have seen a smaller reusable bag with an owl design in dark blue which I believe was Orla. eBay usually has some for sale to check if there are any other designs.
    They make me happy & cost less than Mulberry's or at least that's my excuse when I bring home another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta - your collection sounds fantastic! Unfortunately funds have not allowed me to have a 'proper' Orla bag - hence me being very excited to see these £4 charity ones in Tesco :) Thanks for sharing x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are cute aren't they - don't think they were as promoted as much as the Cath Kidston charity ones Tesco did, perhaps why not as many peeps knew about them? x

      Delete
  3. I only have 3 of that set!!! Wish I had the pear one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kezzie - I wish you did too - perhaps ebay? x

      Delete
  4. You can get any kind of loan from Tesco such as home loans, car loans, study loans, travel loans, pet insurance, and many others at the least possible rates in the market. home page

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X