Saturday 7 March 2015

Spring Is In The Air

Hello there :)

I am pleased to say that I am starting to get a little 'spring' in my step now March is here. I love how the nights start to get lighter, the clocks go forward soon and my creative mojo begins to gets into full steam. I have quite a few crafty/diy projects lined up around the house so now I'm finally feeling motivated to get going on them.

These pretty daffodils certainly bring a little sunshine into the home.


Of course, there always has to be some pretty pink delights too.


February of course had it's special moments, like valentines day. I do believe one should be sharing that love every day, not just the one but it is nice getting a treat on the special day. I had seen this Michael Kors bracelet a while ago, and a certain someone handed it over on Valentine's Day wrapped up all prettily.

He's definitely a keeper ;)


We spent the day with relatives on the day itself and popped to Beetham in Cumbria. We had lunch in the Old Beetham Post Office, which, at the top of some steps at the back, has the most delightful little shabby chic tea room.


I knew straight away I'd love it. Service was great, the food delicious and the surroundings so relaxing and pretty. I wish I'd taken more photographs inside, as it is so quaint.

Who could resist a pretty pink drink?


And the hot chocolate was yummy.


We sat on the big table by the cute little window.


And I couldn't help admiring their lovely dresser with all sorts of lovely food treats on.


Soon it was pudding time, my favourite time of any meal. How could I choose from this delicious selection of home-made cakes, all so very tempting.


In the end I went for the home-made brownies with fresh cream, definitely a good choice. After a lovely lunch we had a little walk around and visited the church, which was really pretty. Can you spy Master Poppins hiding in this photograph of the beautiful church.

                

I seized the moment and whilst the teenager was willing to have a photograph taken with her old 'ma, quickly grabbed someone to take it. There were many 'work in progress' photographs taken!


Eventually, we managed to compose ourselves.


She was about half the height of me when I started this blog and now she is officially taller than me. After our short walk, it was off to a garden centre for a little mooch.


Lots of things tempting me, but I was a good girl and just window shopped.


Once the mooching was done it was time for ice-cream and so took a drive to Arnside. It was a lovely afternoon, and the scenery was beautiful, which Master P here is admiring. 


Soon it was time to be heading home, on the way back I remembered pancake day was coming up so picked up some ingredients - (I always forget till last minute so took the opportunity whilst I remembered). We had great fun flipping our pancakes and think we must have had a good 3 pancakes each. Always lemon, a little butter and a sprinkling of sugar wins in this house. 


A blog post of mine wouldn't be the same without a little share of some shopping bits and bobs, and as usual home bargains was my go to store to find some treats. I have purchased some of these lovely and useful jumbo bags from there before, and seeing these new designs grabbed some. Perfect for laundry, storage, holidays all sorts. A real bargain at less than a couple of pounds each. 


Being an old romantic, I couldn't resist this romantic sign.


Drinking tea and eating cakes is indeed one of my most enjoyable hobbies.


There's always time to squeeze a little sewing in, and I enjoyed making these pretty lavender personalised hearts, what lovely names.


And if only my children's initial T-shirts came in bigger sizes I'd definitely be wearing this one ;) 


Right, time to grab that paint brush, these little diy projects around the home aren't going to get done by themselves, lets hope that sun keeps shinning, nearly time to get the flip flops out. YAY!!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X