Thursday 16 February 2012

I Have Been Given A Blogger Challenge....

One thing I enjoy is a challenge, and when Cox & Kings, the travel company who offer luxury holidays challenged myself and five other bloggers to a *changing rooms* style makeover challenge, I certainly wanted to know more and decided to take part. We have a strict set budget of £250 and can utilise this in the way we feel best to come up with an India themed room in our home. I don't know about the other bloggers taking part, but I am finding this a real challenge, and if honest, am having somewhat of a creative block. I know I shall hopefully probably pull it out of the bag somehow, but feel I am certainly the last to leave the starting post. I wanted to be able to shop around and search out some fantastic vintage style/second hand items on the high street, but with the big reveal taking place on the 9th March, time at a premium, and with family life etc, am probably foreseeing much of my budget shall be spent online, and in the comfort of my own home.

I think India themes are lovely, though possibly part of my challenge block is that it is not a theme I would normally choose for one of my own rooms, so almost more of a challenge in a way. Then I have had to think of which room to makeover. At first I thought £250 would go a long way in terms of sourcing items, but actually there have been a couple of ( very nice) items that I liked the look of, and those two alone would have eaten pretty much all my budget in one go. I don't want to leave it too late to start buying, so I must pull my finger out somewhat. I have bought just a teeny, tiny little something though, and luckily has left me with £249 left in the kitty....


Am not totally sure what it is, but thought it had a lovely zingy Indian-esque feel to it, and so my first purchase was made....


And not bad for £1 ( all receipts must be kept and logged )....


Anyway maybe I have indeed just left the starting line up, and the creative juices shall overcome me very soon. We all have to take photographs of our chosen madeover room at the end of the challenge, and then they shall be posted on the Cox & Kings Facebook Page with the winner being the one with the most likes. I aim to update via my blog how I am getting on, though you can also see any updates if you would like to, using the twitter hashtag #ckbloggerchallenge on Twitter. One thing that is spurring little old me on, is that for the winning blogger, a little weekend break away has been offered as the prize, and with Mr. Popps & I in desperate need of some alone time, I am finding this a super incentive. It almost saddens me a little to think the last time we went away, just the two us was years ago, really. I guess I am just too darn attached to those children of mine, but know a special just the two of us break away would do us all, as a family, the world of good.

If you would like to visit the other bloggers taking part also, and what they come up with here they are. A lovely bunch they are too....

CosyHomeBlog.com
Home Gems
The Style PA
bibbity-bob
That's Yummy Mummy!

So, wish me luck, I think I am going to need it. It really would be lovely if you could share this challenge with me, especially on the inspiration front ( ideas welcome) and I can happily inform you my chosen room has now been decided....

The Dorma ( with a challenging round window in it to think about) Bathroom....

X

5 comments:

  1. Indeed good luck!! I would love the challenge of a makeover - but an Indian one...........mmmmmmm like you this isnt one I would choose, so think I would find it really hard!
    Cant wait to see your progress.
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think that is it exactly. I have to live with the room, and can't help but choose a little of what I really like along the way too. Am sure there shall be a little pink in there ;) x

      Delete
    2. Shabby Chic Rachel Ashwell has that wonderful photo of the pink building in India. So, if she can do it...
      Z xx

      Delete
  2. Have you been on Pinterest and searched 'India' for inspiration? I just did and there were some gorgeous things. Quirky prints, things made with sari's etc etc. Good luck! Look forward to seeing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I shall have a little nose on there, and search out some wonderful inspiration. Ha ha think I need all the inspiration I can get ;)x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X