Wednesday 23 December 2009

Do, Ra, Me, Fa, So, La, Te, Do....

Well I have had a little Maria Von Trapp moment here, and have repurposed a lovely vintage style thrifted curtain into a little Christmas skirt for Miss. Poppins. The pair of curtains were kindly given to me by my lovely friend Elaine. I only needed to use one curtain to make the little skirt and was thinking of using the other one to hide my washing machine in the kitchen, it is a perfect length.

Here they are before, as pretty curtains.






And well under an hour later a little Christmas skirt has been made. Very simple, my kind of style.





And as the curtain is lined, the skirt has a really sweet fullness to it and is lovely and warm for Miss. Poppins on these cold winter days.





And here she is having some fun wearing it....











And as a special Christmas treat for you all, a rare glimpse of the beautiful Miss. Poppins herself. May I present to you my lovely little treasure :)







So rewarding to see her like it too. Normally I treat the children to a little outfit to wear on Christmas Day. It has been a little tradition since I had Miss. Poppins. Though now, I think I am going to make it a new tradition to MAKE them something to wear. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than seeing one of my children wear something handmade that has been made from their own Mothers hands. Miss. Poppins' Christmas skirt shall indeed be worn on Christmas Day, and not a penny cost. Sheer Joy.

Now to get a crack on with Master P, Mmmmmm wonder what delightful fabric I shall find for him in my little stash, hope he likes pink and flowers ;)


Merry Christmas one and all.

21 comments:

  1. What fantastic photos of Miss Poppins in the skirt in the snow!
    It looks fab, well done.
    Merry Christmas!
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary....such a joyful post...happy Christmas...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt! It matches her boots perfectly & she looks utterly gorgeous in it!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember getting a new outfit to wear Christmas Day... I especially remember these jumpers from Marks & Spencer... big padded things they were and they'd have a big image on the front like Betty Boop or Mickey Mouse and they were reversible and the other side would have lots of little images on them!

    Anyway there's my Christmas ramble....

    Wishing you and your family a fabulous Christmas Mary and looking forward to spending more time in blogland with you in 2010

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt looks fantastic! Happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt looks fantastic. What a pretty girl MissPoppins is :)

    Merry Christmas

    Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt, I wish I could make the boys something, but have ran out of time this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aawww she looks fab and will be lovely to look back on in years to come and think " i made that" :-)
    i was going to try and get to you this week but feeling very poorly still so hopefully next week when it all calms down again! have a fab Christmas to you all :-) Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely little skirt, and an even lovelier daughter!! I really will have to start making some clothes for my grand daughter. She is now two, and is definitely a little 'girly' girl who loves her hair being put up, and pretty dresses!
    Have a wonderful Christmas, and lots of love to you all!!

    (((( Hugs ))))

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. that skirts so pretty!
    i wouldnt even have a clue on how to begin making it

    merry christmas,i do hope that you have a lovely one

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The skirt, and Miss Poppins, are both so beautiful! I love the pictures of her dancing in the snow.

    I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas.

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely skirt and Miss P looks fabulous in her wellies and sparkly top!
    Merry Christmas!
    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful girl, beautiful skirt! You should be extremely proud ;o) Have a very lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely photos of Miss Poppins - she looks fabby in her new skirt!!

    This reminds me of when my Mum used to make dresses and skirts for me as a child - I was always thrilled to bits with them and it encouraged me to start sewing as soon as I was old enough to operate a sewing machine!

    Have a peaceful, happy Christmas with your lovely family Mary.

    Willow x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary,

    What a cute skirt :-) (love the sequin cardigan too!!) my little one would be more than impressed with that! My plan for next year is definately to make more than I buy, that goes for all year not just Christmas... Although I feel this may be slightly optimistic, & I will be happy if I manage to provide people with handmade gifts!

    wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas & New Year!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous skirt. So pretty. And your little girl is beautiful too. And I of course love her name. My nan was called Daisy and i always thought if we had another girl I would call her that, and my eldest girls middle name is Mai. (That's how we spell it.)

    Hope you all have a fantastic and wonderful christmas, sending happy christmas sparkles to you all.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!!! Watch out Maria. I hope your curtains are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing little skirt. I love your blog and am now a follower. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a bit of repurposing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas!

    Your little Miss Poppins is beautiful, a treasure for sure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just gorgeous. Well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X