Wednesday 6 January 2010

Hello, Happy New Year....

Hello, long time no type ;0)

I hope you are all well and happy. We have the beautiful snow here and school has been closed, so Miss. Poppins has been enjoying playing with a couple of her Christmas presents.








I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and from the bottom of my heart wish you all good health, wealth and happiness for 2010. My Christmas was a lovely relaxing affair, spent with family and friends. New year I was in quite a reflective mood as I know there are many changes a foot for me this year. So, I am doing my best to make some life plans, well they mostly never go to plan do they, we shall see.

I hope you received some pretty Christmas treats, would you like a little looky at some of my favourites.

My mum's gifts to me were divine....

A wonderful CK tablecloth, perfect for our new dining table.





Pretty napkins.





A girl can never have enough flowery greeting cards to send to lovely people.





I had never seen these CK serviettes before, I love them.





A lovely new home for some of my pretty buttons .





Ohooo something in the tin.





One of the lovely tea towels from M&Ss celebrationary 125 years promotion.





A really pretty lily flame candle, love the name.





Beautiful Bombay Duck ribbon.





The prettiest little cupcake soaps.





Cute Bath bombs.





Pretty lip glosses.





Adorable Daisy glass tumblers from Gisella Graham.





Cute vintage inspired postcards.





And a yummy CK bath towel to keep me snug and warm.





Mum you well and truly spoilt me, thank you VERY much.


Here are some more from family and friends....














Mmmmm I adore Soap and Glory and I think the cleansing milk was made for me ;-)





Ohooo norty name ;-)





My brother got me the most fabulous cupcake teapot.





Somewhere pretty to keep my engagement ring safe should I ever take it off again, I really am so happy to have found it.





My favourite Christmas gift was of course off Santa, would you like a little clue....






Yes, a beautiful old fashioned 1965 telephone, in perfect working order, from the information on the back which I have looked up on the www, was converted in 1978.





And here she is in all her glory. She has been on my wish list for maybe 2 years. The bell ring is a delicious sound, I smile every time the telephone rings, if I close my eyes whilst hearing it ring, I feel like I have been transported back in time. So, I have my telephone, the gorgeous chapel chairs, all that is on my wish list now is the old fashioned wooden school desks. A double one came up on Freecycle not long ago and I missed getting it by a whisker, fingers crossed I shall find one soon.





Two little gifts that make me smile too are the lovely handmade hearts I commissioned Suzie to make for my Poppins children, the embroidery and stitch work is amazing and both children know they are very special. Beautiful that they have their names embroidered on too. Thank you so much Suzie, you very special and talented fine lady, you.


Master. Poppins has his on his special bookcase.





Miss. Poppins has hers hanging by her bed.





So indeed some lovely gifts all round.

I have been enjoying some quiet reading too over Christmas, and one of the books I enjoyed was this one. I know many of you have read it. I had it on reservation at the library and only now have been able to get hold of it.





Although not read cover to cover, I definitely read all the important bits to me and loved reading about some familiar Blogs. One thing the book has inspired me to do is have a good think again, in this new year, about my Blog and all that it means to me. I do think in my opinion, Blogs can get a little tired looking and need a little mini makeover, or overhaul occasionally, and think mine is well due one, so one more resolution to add to the ever growing list.


So a new year awaits me and this year I think I shall grab it by the you know whats and actually do something about the things I want to change in my life, wish me luck I think I am going to need it.

X

31 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were so spoilt and so you should be hunni. You have some lovely gifts there.
    Now, I need to know where the wooden play food is from, little man had the red retro wooden kitchen from the elc and we've not been able to get much wooden food. Plastic food just won't do ;)
    Happy New Year my dear
    Love and ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh honey you got some preeeeeeety pressies!

    I just had to come and say Hi as I'm halfway through watching you on Iplayer (Mary Poppins that is!)

    Good luck with the 2010 list xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year. I hope 2010 is happy for you and your family.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that I thought of you the other day as we watched that fab film 'Mary Poppins' on TV.
    Even the men of the house were watching it!!
    Fab goodies...you deserve them all!
    xxx ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some amazing presents, love all the Cath Kidston books and patterns lucky you! Oh I was thinking of buying that book with a voucher I got, It was on my list of items to buy on my wordpress blog. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you and your family a fabulous 2010

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, what an amazing collection of beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely gifts!
    I'm glad you had a relaxing time!
    I'd be really pleased if you would pop over and join in my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year! What great gifts, I really want that telephone! I've been looking for one for years but can't bring myself to pay the price. OH got rid of our red one years ago....never forgive him :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year Mary! Gorgeous collection of gifts but the one that does it for me has got to be that telephone, oh the memories it brings back of growing up and how I dialled numbers using a pencil, so posh! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic Christmas, you got so many lovely gifts. Everything is just gorgeous, oh how I would like to take a tour of your home. Those embroideries for the children are amazing. Hope you are able to accomplish all that you want to this year. I can't wait to see what you get up to.

    theprairiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! You got some great gits there...I especially love all the CK stuff! :)

    Squirmy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New year. You had some wonderful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what wonderful gifts mary!!!!!
    i love susies fairies so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! What Lush pressies!!! Happy New Year to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Lots and lots of pretty things there.

    Loving the cupcake teapot, and the cream telephone is beautiful.

    Love your new on your blog. I have given mine a bit of a new look for the new year too. Its fun to have a bit of a play around and of course its creative in its own right.

    Hope all your plans and changes turn out how you want them too. I am the same too with things changing this year. A big one as Boo starts school this September! So I shall have no little babies at home with me at any point of the day. That is going to take some getting used to. So I will be having to have a think about my place in the home again. Scary stuff.

    Take care.


    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, you were really pampered at Christmas. Thanks for sharing your wonderful goodies with us. They were all so lovely.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy new year to you. Such lovely presents, your phone takes me back to my youth, as we used to have one just like it. I hope this year brings all that you wish for.
    Bertie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always Mary so many beautiful things I don’t know what to comment on.
    I hope all is going well in the house and not too stressful!
    Love Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Mary :) sounds like you've had a lovely Xmas and your pressies are lovely, love the phone and all the CK pretties :D I got a book of stickers and labels from the BF too! Enjoy your soap and glory goodies - they are lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the phone - was very reluctant to take down my bunting down I loved it so much x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope that you have a happy and healthy 2010.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Mary

    So lovely to see that you had a lovely Christmas & New Year, and that you had oodles of lovely pressies.

    Here's to a wonderful 2010!

    Love Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I love the new design! Perfect start to the new year :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary you received some lovely gifts but I have to say I rather like Miss Poppins presents in particular!

    I keep admiring the wooden food sets and want to buy them for my nephew... of course they'll have to live in my house for when he comes to visit!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What absolutely lovely pressies! You lucky girl, all that Cath Kidston! Thank you so much for your lovely words about my hearts, I am so glad you like them and the children too! Happy new year to you and your lovely family! suzie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very very Happy New Year Mary and I am sending lots of love and hugs through the airwaves to you.
    I do hope that everything goes well in 2010 and that you make it happen! whatever it is you want to hapen anyway!
    I would have been so happy to have received all of your gorgeous gifts they are so great.
    Love you blog and that book looks very interesting too.
    Carol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good to hear you had a restful, special Christmas - your family and friends really know how to choose the right presents for you too!

    It would be lovely to have you in the magazine swap, and the proviso about it being a Feb or March edition really isn't too strict, so please just join in as a full swapper. Would you like a mag in English in return, or would you like to try something different?

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh my giddy aunt you have some just fantastic pressies..u lucky girl you!!.. i love the phone oh how wonderful it must be to get phone calls now!!!
    well the paint for the chairs i got made up into 500ml tins of gloss that cost about £8.69 each from homebase.. and are as follows.. fuchia falls 1, fucia falls 5 and celtic moor no 5
    the cream i used some old coutry cream satin wood so i need to do it again as it looks dried out compared to the other glossy beauties!. i dont think i could use gloss on big pieces of furniture but i do like it on the chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow you got some fab goodies there - all the best for 2010 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow, I'm loving your fab prezzis :o) I hope you kept a modern phone as I have one of the old dial ones but it is infuriating when you call a business that says "press 1 for this, press 2 for that" as you can't on those phones. I don't care though, I just love the sound of them ringing. Happy new Year M x

    ReplyDelete
  31. What beautiful gifts!!! How lovely!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X