Tuesday 30 March 2010

Juggling Balls and Pretty Things To Look At....

Do you ever feel like you are juggling too many balls?

The irony is, I can actually juggle balls, I think 5 balls is my best. Having trained theatrically for four years altogether, I looked forward to the day of the week when we would practise our *Circus Skills* I can spin plates, do the diabolo, stilt walk, a little uni cycling. So juggling seems quite an easyish one. Well, in life terms, I am struggling with all my balls, and think I may have to drop one or two. I do think however, tis not too bad a thing, as for me, the quality of my balls is far, far more important than the quantity of them. There are so many things going on, maybe I am going through a busy phase.

Well, anyway, I do hope life is treating you well and that you have a smile upon your face today. As I mentioned, I wanted to let you all see the lovely swap I had from Mrs Yappy Dog for the flower swap. Here they are again all prettily wrapped up.




And here are the pretties B sent me, well, looking pretty :0)




What a pretty card, floral candle and crystal flower.




Lovely floraly fabric for crafting, it was lovely that B remembered I have a thing or two for daisy's.



Very cute, and very well made lavender pillow, that smells delicious.




Wonderful Sweet Peas, and adorable hanging heart, again with pretty daisy's on it.




And a wonderful and floral hand painted silk scarf, that was painted by the talented Mrs Yappy Dog herself.




Isn't it beautiful and pretty.




Thank you so much B for a lovely swap, I have had fun chatting with you online. I hope you like the floral pretties I have now sent you. Here they are, all wrapped up in their new stripy coats :0)




If you would like to see the lovely flower swaps that were sent, there is a lovely Flickr group here

I have also been sent a very pretty package from my good friend Jennifer We have done a little swap, actually I was more than happy to send out my pretties that Jennifer wanted me to make, as a little thank you, for being a lovely friend, but no, the lovely Jennifer wanted to send something pretty in return. Look and see.




What wonderful handmade treats I got sent, not one, but two beautiful crocheted corsages.







I thought this looked pretty....




and practical too, marvellous.




Thank you so much Jennifer, you are far too kind to send me something, though so very, very nice and I adore everything. I hope you like your lavender hearts I made for you and floral fabric. I hope you get your pretties soon. :0)

Talking of handmaking, here are a couple of pretties I have been making for my Vintage Daisy Store A cute tote, handmade for a customer who also likes to wear pretty corsages too, so what could be perfect, a pretty two in one bag :0)




Cute floral and pretty lining.




And the pretty corsage.




I am also having fun making pretty fabric necklaces and bracelets for Vintage Daisy Here is a little taster of one of the necklaces I have made.




I hope you like it.

 Of course, to make pretty necklaces, I need pretty ribbon, and where better to go, than to a lovely online store Patch




Which is owned by my lovely online friend Claire at Dolly Dollop Please do have a look, there shall soon be pretty fabric coming too.

Well, we have a busy Easter ahead of us, so I better pick up those pretty balls I dropped and get juggling ;0)

Take Care

X

19 comments:

  1. Lovely post Mary.....:>))

    I just adore that necklace....:>)))

    Melxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I think we must definately be on the same wavelength as I had two windows up when I clicked on your blog and one of them was this: http://www.youcanmakethis.com/blog/880/frayed-rosette-bib-necklace-tutorial.html
    I have been doodling fabric necklace designs all week!
    LOVE the one you have made :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary
    another delicious post.
    clever mrs YD!! lovely scarf xx
    Thank you for your ribbon order xxxxx
    Glad that your ribbon got to you so quickly..I am finding that the most worrying part of the whole business...I want my lovely customers to get their ribbon asap..ie next day if poss...but I am reliant on our unreliable Royal Mail...but yay so far so good!!
    I love your fabric necklace - I just love how your fabric choices look all together xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! Everything is so beautiful, I love those ribbons too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you enjoyed the pretty things... will be watching out for the post eagerly now, my postman will probably think I fancy him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous things you have received in the post! Really lovely. The scarf is amazing. I wish I could paint or draw like that. Lovely ribbons too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scarf you received is gorgeous!
    And the necklace you made, well thats just fabulous, I'd wear that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a pretty,pretty,pretty post x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, I'm so glad you liked them. I have been stalking the mail box every day, can't wait to get my package. I hope you are able to figure out which balls to drop, just please don't let it be the blog. You are a bright spot in my day.
    theprairiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That all looks so very pretty and wonderful. Lovely gifts and creations from yourself as well. I just love that little sachet and it's given me an idea for an old hanky. Thank you! Oh I love your new ribbons too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Mary

    All balls are not equal, but its not always easy to see which are less important...

    Love the makes, clever you!

    Love Lydia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh gorgeous, all the things and fabrics and colours I love, so glad i found your blog, im now going to follow and drool over your hand mades and corsages, wonderful.

    Susie from
    I Just Love That fabric

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always your work is just gorgeous, and from what I've seen on the Vintage Daisy Fan Page it's all going well which is brilliant news (even if you are juggling too many balls!), really pleased for you, it's great to see a small business, especially one created by a woman, doing well, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi
    What lovely things everwhere , thnaks for link to Patch, I had a look and ordered a few bits (like I really needed more ribbon - NOT!)
    Have a hood day
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. you seem to find the most lovely swaps to get involved in,i havent done one in ages!
    such lovely piccys

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling popped in to your gorgeous blog to wish you and your family a joyous and blessed Easter.

    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have just found your lovely blog. I have just started mine and Iam really enjoying reading others blogs.Take care Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mary,

    Thank you so much for the lovely box full f goodies! As soon as I can prize my butt away from watching Tv I'll be posting about my treasures!

    Best,

    Sian x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh! pretty pretty! Lots of lovelies to lust after!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X