Thursday 31 March 2011

Cheery Delights.....

I have been feeling a little glum of late and a bit out of sorts, the house and its lack of moving forward with the refurbishment is beginning to wind me up. I know I am very lucky, I have hot food, a roof over my head, a happy healthy family to cuddle up to every night, but we just seem to have run out of time, inclination and if honest the pennies to get on with the decoration and finishing off it requires. We are kind of at the last hurdle...although there is one more wall to knock down and a room to be built, but that can be saved for a rainy day. It is this last plastering, boarding, plumbing, painting that just needs doing and somehow feel I have lost my steam a little. I want to feel calm and relaxed with on the spur of it visitors, rather than frantically do my best to hide the bare plaster, the holes in the walls blah blah. Though as people close to me say, people do not come to see my house, they come to see me and my family, and yes it helps, but we all want a pretty little house to entertain in don't we. As I have said to myself so many times, we shall get there, we may even get into the Guinness book of records, as the longest house refurbishment in history ;0)

So I thought to cheer me up a little I would go find the little box of treasures I received from someone and share with you. It was kind of sent in exchange for some pretties I handmade, and I couldn't have been more cheered up by what was in this parcel. Alright the contents won't get the house finished but certainly helps with the olde grumps....





Pretty buttons....



Gorgeous silk scarf in very me colours....




Pretty Dots And Spots tape and notecards....






Sweet jar that came with some beautiful and quirky buttons....






Adorable ric rac....




Pretty ribbon....






The most wonderful necklace....





Colourful ribbons....





Girly treats....





Home is where the heart is....





Lovely words....





And Miss. Poppins' pretty treats....




Isn't it a lovely parcel :0) So cheery and thank you so much if you happen to read upon this, was very generous, lovely and thoughtful of you and hope the pretties I sent went down well :0)

Also not long also I won a very lovely and special giveaway.... the most beautiful earrings from KayJay Gems who made them up with me in mind, she certainly knows my likes, they are so pretty.



So I think looking and playing with these cheery delights, kind of makes up a little for the lack of paint on the walls, don't you ;0)

X

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what great loot! Those earrings and that tape are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh what a lovely lot of goodies, would certainly cheer me up too :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A box of goodies this good would cheer me up, it's full of some gorgeous things!

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh what wonderful pretties to get as a present! I want some! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are delightful! I can sympathise with the house stuff!! We moved in about a year and a half ago. We started by totally plastering and doing properly the 3 bedrooms and kitchen. Since then we have run out of funds and are not sure whether hubby is going to lose his job so we have just made over the rest of the rooms to freshen them up. We are now finally doing the hallway, but I have just had enough now! and cant find the time or inclination to finish it!!!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X