Friday 1 April 2011

Inspirational Homes....

I love reading magazines, they used to be of the showbiz gossipy kind but now they all seem to be about the home and my love of interior design. One thing I actually am enjoying about the refurbishment of my home is the starting from scratch, every room in my home shall have it's only little mark on it and being creative I do love gaining inspiration from housey magazines. Being the forever bargain hunter I found this 2007 back copy of Country Homes & Interiors  magazine in the basket of a craft shop. I asked if it was for sale, and was told I could have it for 50p, that would go in the staff's tea and biscuit fund. So bought it I did.




I especially fell in love with Kate Forman's lovely home, and thought I would share one or two photographs ( you can click to enlarge if you fancy ) with you. If I lived in a house like this I don't think I would ever leave ;0)

Beautiful entrance....



Drool worthy kitchen....




Just the right amount of floral charm for me....




Drool....



I adore the bathroom....




I would have sweet dreams in this fine ded....




Ideas....



I do love the Kate Forman look, I always have, and although can be quite floraly, it is in my opinion a very muted, mature look and I like it. I shall have to make many a cushion and bag, and save up all my pennies if it is a look I want throughout my own home though, as can stretch the olde wallet. Nice for inspiration though.

As is the gorgeous 2011 mail order catalouge, which you can request here 



Right, off to do some more drooling ;0)

X

Please note : Magazine photographs courtesy of Country Homes & Interiors   

8 comments:

  1. Is it sad of me but I remember this magazine and the article because the rooms were so beautiful! I actually saved the pages and put them in my inspiration decoration scrapbook :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love interior magazines. I try not to buy too many when I go to the newsagent but I aways end up buying lots! and I never get rid of them
    I have this one in my collection :) I love her style too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love those magazines!! I could look at the pretty pics all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, a gorgeous home to drool over!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love country homes and interior's and Country living. I have them both on subscription and will read and re read them over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mag was a good find AND adds coppers to the tea fund! Result!
    I love the kitchen, pretty but with restraint. And one day...I will have a Knowle sofa!!
    But your home is such an inspiration too!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love English magazines about interior decoration. Bought the BBC H&A last week. Thank you for the photo's.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh its all so pretty, i keep mags too and then i feel like i go back to a nearly new one when spring rolls around again.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X