Thursday 2 June 2011

Ickle Shout Out For Mary Poppins....

 I am not going to make too much of a fuss about this....
And shall let you know calmly and quietly....

But....

This ickle blog....

Written by ickle old me....

Is....

After lots and lots of lovely people voting for it.....

A....

Finalist.....

In the The MAD Blog Awards....





To say I am very touched and flattered that my blog is a finalist in the craft category is an understatement....

I am not going to waffle on too much about how I would love to win, and how much it would mean....

I started this blog as somewhat of an escape, and then I realised crafting was something I very much enjoyed, and became very passionate about. I wanted to inspire others to have a go at it, whether that be sewing a little cushion, or even doing a makeover on a skip found treasure. Also, I love spending quality time crafting with my own children, it really is a lovely way to spend some special time together....

This isn't just about me, there is someone very special  in the back of my mind, who, even though he came into my life for such a short time, has taught me so much and that life really is for the living. I want to follow my dreams, and I have been inspired by so many people in writing this blog and crafting. So, like the oscar winner in me would say, if I won, the award would be shared with you, the reader, my inspirers, my family.....Writing this blog and my passion of crafting is, in some small way, me following a dream of some sort. I am not going to shout from the hill tops, vote for me, vote for me, which makes me feel a little uncomfortable. But, probably as the under dog, I hope you don't mind me giving myself a little shout out, to let you know....

So, if you want to vote for Mary Poppins, and you think it deserving enough, you can find it listed, along with the other 4 lovely craft finalists....

Here

PS. Don't forget my pretty bag Giveaway don't know about you, but Miss. Poppins is VERY excited about picking a winner from the hat.

X

9 comments:

  1. Hopping over there right now for you!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouting back 'Hurrah!', ever-so genteely. And, like F&M, I'm off to vote for you now.
    Well done!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, I'm so pleased for you :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I just found your blog via Tots100 and I just have to say, I think its one of the prettiest I have seen. I love pretty things and you have a lot of them!

    Nice to "meet" you.

    ChocOrangeCityMum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Mary, I love your blog and creations and how you share you feelings and family life on here too.

    Off to vote now.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. just voted for ya darling x

    ReplyDelete
  7. At you a fine blog. With pleasure has voted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just voted for you, congratulations on getting this far. ~c~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your nomination Mary, very well deserved I would say, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X