Sunday 19 June 2011

Our Family Day Out....

Being National Trust members, a gift that was kindly given to us by my in-laws, we always like to make the most of having some wonderful National Trust properties that are practically on our doorstep. With today being Father's Day and all of us wanting a little family picnic and day out, we thought we would visit one of our favourites, Dunham Massey We have been going for many years and I love it there. Although the park and grounds are free ( £5 parking charge ) a family ticket would cost us £25.00 if we wanted to visit the gardens and house, so having a membership with the NT certainly saves us some pennies....




It was the first outing of the freebie CK bag too....




The weather looked like it was improving :0)







And the ducks came out to play....





Adorable cottages where presumably one or two of the workers may live....




Ohooo I would love to renovate something like this....




I couldn't resist going over and taking a peek through the window of the outhouse....




Oh my!! What a gorgeous singer table, and just left lying around ( or perhaps artistically placed ) like that, What I would give to get my hands on that....




Being Father's Day I couldn't resist this little photograph of father with son....




Next it was off to another gorgeous building.... 




And to take a closer look at the....




Miss Poppins couldn't wait to get a closer look at the wheel....







Good job we had packed a little picnic as little stomachs were getting hungry....




I have to share with you a photograph of the jute bag with the Daisy's on. Anyone who knows me knows I am a little Daisy crazy and when I heard Asda were going to be releasing this spring Daisy bag, the ones that you see at the ends of the tills, I couldn't wait to get one. I adore it....




Wonder which way we went next.... 




And of course there was the *shop* word for me....




You generally always know what shall await you in a NT shop though they are always nice for a little mooch....




And Master P loved the little reading area....




As for me, who finds it so difficult leaving a shop without buying something, even if only a penny sweet, saw something very appealing....







Yes, the little book came home with me, I think shall look charming displayed on a little shelf.

Outside, the glorious clock looked stunning against the blue sky....




Time for a little pit stop I think....




And after the sandwiches there were fresh strawberries and cream....




We had some lovely company....




I got a little closer....



And a little closer yet....




Then it was time for a house visit, as one was allowed to take photographs I couldn't resist sharing with you some of my favourite places....

The courtyard....




Me, pretending it is indeed my home ;0)




The children had fun as they got to do a little quiz whilst looking around....




Then we went inside and marvelled at the rooms....




I fell in love with the sash windows....




So much to take in when walking through the rooms....




I do think rooms in a house look so much prettier with some fresh flowers in them....








My goodness I loved these stairs....



Lovely bathroom....




We tried to play count the butterflies....




Then it was off to the kitchens....




I can't remember what this was used for....




I thought these would look pretty and come in very handy for my children's toys....




I wouldn't like to think how long it would take me to get all my families clothes clean using one of these....



And as for the ironing....



I couldn't resist a little peek in the sewing room on the way out....




Next it was time for a walk round the gardens....





A little tree hugging along the way, first up moi....



Then Miss Poppins....




A little feeding of the swans and their babies....( I have a son who is a little obsessed with spiderman hence the outfit, we have to literally peel it off him )




Taking in the wonderful surroundings....




And finally some well needed rest time before home....



A truly lovely day out. Hope you had an enjoyable day too....

X

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day out and the weather was kind to you too! The house is remarkable and your pictures do it proud. Thank you for sharing your lovely day with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend Fathers' Day! Picnic, ice creams, strawberries and cream...all in a magical setting. The UK at its' best!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs....such a lovely tour...I almost feel as though I have been there with you!
    Thank you for sharing your perfect family day!....
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you had, thanks for letting us tag along! Love the father and son pic...so sweet. I love the empty buildings, shame they are not being utilised, you could always offer to help them out, have a little studio and shop! Have a great week, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely day out ~ and thank you for taking us along with you! Simply wonderful photos! Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely day out! I wish I could have joined you LOL
    Take care,
    Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant day out with your family, your 'tour' was great and your photos lovely! Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful little family trip!
    A lovely way to spend Fathers day too!
    Have a great week!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary,
    Lovely to see your day out, looks like you had a very interesting day.
    Also, I must say, lovely to "see" you! You looked very chic in the photo with your pink rose corsage!
    Hope you have a lovely week
    xxGem

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks as though you had a beautiful day, so glad that you got to enjoy the sunshine : ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The NT properties are wonderful aren't they. Which reminds me we must start doing some this year!

    Gorgeous photographs of what looks like a really good fun day out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day out & oodles of fab pictures too!

    You look totally glam, & Master Poppins? How he has grown, and the curls have gone! I love the spiderman outfit..

    Thanks for sharing

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOoh....
    I've often thought about a little jaunt to Dunham Massey... and I feel like I've been there now!!!
    Lovely "Day out" Mary...
    You have some fab pics and you look so gorgeous..and all so very HAPPY.
    You can't beat a family picnic out in the countryside...

    Can I come next time?
    ♥"✿♥"♥✿"♥♥"✿♥"♥✿"♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely day out with the family. I have visited quite a few National Trust properties and even considered Stourhead as a venue for my wedding next year.. I have been thinking whether to get membership or not and now that you have reminded what a great day it can be, I may just join....

    Emma Phillips
    Our site: Boys Wellies

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely day!
    You took such beautiful photos as well! :)
    Thank you for sharing this as I feel like I got to take a little jaunt with you as well! :D
    Have a splendid day! :)
    ~Mippy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green garden is awesome. In my city there are no these much green garden. I sure you enjoyed your vacation. The house is remarkable and your pictures do it proud.
    sell my car

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X