Wednesday 7 December 2011

My Vist To John Lewis....

When I couldn't make a John Lewis blogger event that was being held in London in the Summer, I was contacted and asked if I would like a little personal guided tour of my local John Lewis in Cheadle Now I know this store very well and being the shopper I am, I am often in there browsing the many lovely departments. I also knew my local John Lewis had not long ago had an multi million pound overhaul and among other things it had received some new fancy merchandising, a beauty retreat, a waiter/ess restaurant and new room sets in their home department. How could I resist....When I turned up, I was greeted with a lovely new and very stylish window display....


Then it was time for me to meet the marketing and pr co-ordinator for John Lewis Cheadle, who was a pleasure to meet and certainly knows her stuff....

 ( Photograph courtesy of John Lewis )

It has to be said, when I first stepped into the new look John Lewis, I felt as though I had landed in a brand new store, and it took me a little while to get my bearings. I couldn't wait to see the new Beauty department....

So swish, and the perfect place to visit if you are looking for a little pampering. You can enjoy a 30 minute facial in the Elemis spa pod, and Elemis even offer a power booster facial for men. I like the sound of their Laura Mercier make up master classes, perfect for groups of friends. What is great is you don't always necessarily need to book an appointment for many of the treatments on offer, so if the shopping all gets a bit too much, you can wander over to the beauty clinics and see if you can have a treatment straight away. The ladies are just the friendliest, and were more than happy to have their photograph taken....


Just outside of the beauty area is the new haberdashery department, and a department I love it has to be said....

Lots of lovely new fabrics to drool over, and I am so tempted to buy one of these as a spare machine, I just adore all the colours....


Oh my, something just so pretty caught my eye, and we made our way over to have a look....


On my christmas list...yet again. Oh I just love it. A visit to John Lewis at christmas has you greeted with many lovely gift ideas and treats for loved ones. Champagne....


Chocolates....





Lovely country style gifts....




Then it was off to home accessories, so sweet....


And we made our way past the infamous jelly fish....


A design concept to highlight many of the wonderful prints, furnishing fabrics, trims and accessories on offer....


Then we went for a little browse around the children's wear department. A department any little fashionista would love....


And I couldn't resist a little mooch at the children's Hunter's....


For me, the toy department, did seem to have shrunk a little, though as it is now on a brand new floor, it could be just the new layout I needed to get used to somewhat....


 I fell in love with Hugo ....


And I think a great cause to give one a new home as 25% of the selling price is donated to the RSPCA. I also think their store bear was rather cute....


Women's fashion was indeed a highlight of the evening....



 The new display area for the women's bags was very eye catching....


Even menswear caught my eye, I do love a man in pink....


And quite a choice in the shirt and tie department....



Christmas decorations galore....


This seemingly is one of their best selling christmas trees, very minimalist in my opinion....


I however, like much more of a traditional number....


And there was a great choice of christmas stockings to be had....


I have to say my greatest like of the evening was to be found in the homewear department and boy I just loved it....


So, thank you JL for a super guided tour, I had a fun time and spied some very lovely things I may just go back for....

X


8 comments:

  1. How wonderful to walk round an empty store at Christmas time, the displays were gorgeous werent they ! Lucky girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really really hoping a John Lewis comes to the City of Preston. It has been off / on and off again to be built where the current bus station is but would be fantastic for the city's development.

    Thank you for showing the store. Fabulous - love all the photo's shown! I would be straight in the haberdashery section.

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh the things I would get from John Lewis if I had a disposable income... *happysigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love John Lewis........

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I had a tour of JL in Nottingham which was fantastic but your store looks so modern and lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a lot of beautiful things to feast on! It looks so much nicer when you are not having to fight the crowds!!!!

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it would be treat to visit that store. Thank you for the many photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous! I actually went to the Cheadle JL on the date of the Christmas in July thing in London! lol! No one showed me around! *humph*

    I didn't know they'd redone it! Oh that's definitely a reason for me to come back to the UK for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X