Friday 20 April 2012

Take One Old Ikea Clock

If you are as old as me, you may have lurking in your house one of these simple wooden clock's I purchased from Ikea years ago. At the time I really liked the simplicity of it and it was very cheap....


Being somewhat of a hoarder I have all sorts of things tucked away in my cupboards and shelves and am often found sorting and de-junking. When I spied this in a cupboard I instantly thought it was for the *to go* pile. Then I took a closer look and thought maybe I could pretty it up and it then wouldn't look so sorry for itself. So I took it apart....


And after a little pink paint and some Cath Kidston flowers cut out of wallpaper then glued on, here it is looking much prettier.... 


There, that's better don't you think....

X

12 comments:

  1. OMG! That is an amazing make over! Your clock looks so pretty!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty what a lovely makeover!
    Sallly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - amazing transformation - I love it!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Belongs here:

    http://www.ikeahackers.net/

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it was mine it would have been in the bin without me even thinking of a makeover. Good job you are not me................because it looks fab now!! We will all be looking for these clocks and bootsales now! lol!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now thats what I call upcyling, absolutely fabulous I would be delighted to receive this as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats so pretty now, who would have thought it looked so dull before, love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRILLIANT makeover! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple but it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Mary! And well done for winning the bathroom competition!! Sharon X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X