Saturday 7 April 2012

Thoughts At Easter

Of course they would be happy with just an egg, but I love to pop a little extra treat or two in their Easter bags. Being a savvy bargain hunter I don't spend too much, and I know Master Poppins shall loves his £3.50 ( George at Asda ) Ben10 dressing gown that I found in the sale, and only £5 for Miss Poppins' pretty summer dress ( George at Asda) The Hannah Montana gift bags were only 29p ( Home Bargains ) hopefully Master Popps won't mind too much ;)


As well as popping little notepads and activity books in which shall keep them busy little bees, I have written special little poems for them to let them know how much I love them and can't wait to see their little faces. We told them that we hoped they didn't mind too much, but the shops had all sold out of Easter eggs this year and that unfortunately they shall have to do without. I am so proud of them, they just said "Oh well, never mind, hopefully we shall get one next year". Luckily my family understand and *get* my sense of humour and we shall all have a little giggle when they are handed their little bags on Easter sunday....


 I am feeling a little low at the moment, very thoughtful and spiritually a little wobbly on my feet. I have lost my confidence in life somewhat, although outwardly I may come across as a confident and vivacious individual, inside am feeling quite fragile I guess. I know that confident person is in there, but I think she has decided to have a little holiday, I do hope she comes back one day. It is coming to that time of year where thoughts of Joshua come to the forefront of our minds, he would have been 7 this year and as always I miss him dearly. Of course life goes on, and I am so thankful he came into my life for such a very short time....Having him has taught me so many positive things, like gratitude, love and caring towards others. I am not perfect and sometimes say things in the heat of the moment before I think but generally I do my very best to be kind and gracious to others. You really don't know what trials people are dealing with in life that they perhaps keep hidden to themselves. I do try to take heed of this quote....
So, I just wanted to wish you a very happy and fun-filled Easter, may you be spending it with the ones you love and don't eat all those eggs at once ;)

X


9 comments:

  1. Yes indeed Mary, everyone has their own cross to bear as my father in law so aptly put it! We all have our doubts and worries, which are sometimes worse than others! You know, so I don't have to tell you, that all things pass - good and bad, so we just grin and get on with it, don't we!
    Have a blessed Easter with your hubbie and little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star, thank you so much for your wise and uplifting words, mean so very much and thank you too for taking the time to comment x

      Delete
  2. I love that quote and you have inspired me to go and buy a print of it to keep on my desk at work - for my benefit, and that of others!

    Wishing you well this Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a quote that I am touched by, I am a great lover of quotes to uplift and inspire, and often I think of that particular one in life. I think would be super to have on a desk at work, now you have me thinking about getting one too :) xx

      Delete
  3. Nice post. You might like this Wordsworth quote about little acts of kindness. Acts of Kindness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I am going to hop over and have a read, so thanks for sharing. Can't get enough quotes in my life, have them everywhere, on the fridge, by the bed, on the mirror....;) xx

      Delete
  4. Bless you Mary! Keep persevering and thank you for this lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kezzie, always try to keep things bright and breezy here, but sometimes the shadows can't help but wander through, that is life, without the rain I guess there wouldn't be the rainbows, so beautiful and bright :) x

      Delete
  5. Such a heart filled post. The words in the print are do true. Life is very hard for us all in different ways. We do the same for Easter. Less choc more goodies. Why not. I hope you had a lovely Easter. Your strength in your posts always inspires me xc

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X