Monday 3 September 2012

Exciting New Craft Book

Something quite exciting landed on my doorstep today. A very pretty craft book that I was so happy to have been involved in. It was really lovely to see a couple of my little patchwork projects in the book....


Having quite a collection of craft books at home, I always like to see new, innovative ideas and creative designs in craft books as I think it can all get a bit same-y, same-y. What is so refreshing about this new craft book is it involves quite a broad range of crafts, including sewing, appliqué, beading, cake decorating, crochet, cross stitch and papercraft, so a real all rounder that should appeal to many. You can take a little peak inside 101 Ways To Stitch,Craft,Create at amazon and I have to say I feel very humbled to be amongst some very talented and creative people in there, with one or two names I recognise.

It has been such a busy, busy summer here with 'life stuff' and I haven't really had much time at all for crafting. However I am really looking forward to dusting down the sewing machine, and getting some 'me' time to enjoy a bit of sewing again. Sometimes it takes a little reminder like this to remember how much you love something and although crafting is just a teeny tiny part of my life, and who I am, it is a part I would miss if it wasn't there, at least in some small way. I guess we all need something to do to release that creative energy. I decided I would finally get the duster out, and I dug out a couple of pretty fabrics from my stash....  


         
And I came up with this....



So very me, so girly, and I just love all things heart inspired. Now what to make next I wonder....

X

17 comments:

  1. Looks a good book, may have to put on my wish list!
    Love the hearts, so very you!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I just love all things 'heart' inspired. One is never enough ;) xxxx

      Delete
  2. I love the hearts! (and I am spying your mug collection!!) Kxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my mug collection....Well I may have posted before about my 'little' CK mug collection. Hmmmmm was it 30 ish at the last count!! ;)) xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh how pretty-i love the hearts too!
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila, yes we love hearts here, have them in every room :) xx

      Delete
  4. You always make such pretty things!! Very envious as usual!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you are too kind, my sewing mojo seems to have been away on holiday for quite a while now, must get it back soon. I have all this pretty fabric to use up ;) xx

      Delete
  5. The book looks great off to look on Amazon :) love your heart garland so pretty!

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it does look rather pretty on the dresser it has to be said :) xx

      Delete
  6. Mary, I received a review copy in the post.. and was DELIGHTED to spot your name in it, not once but twice. Wonderful book with wonderful projects! Well done you.

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yay!! You got one to looksy at :) Awww is rather pretty isn't it, was very honoured to be amongst many creative and talented peeps. Hey not long till you get your very own book :) Hope it is all going well xx

      Delete
  7. What an awesome book! And how clever you are! Am thinking of dusting off my old sewing machine actually. I want to make bunting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lady. Are you planning to sell your sewing machine this time?
    I have a good deal for you. I'd love to take one.

    Kind Regards,
    Nathalie
    The Best Sewing Machine Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I fell in love with this one too! OMG! Its so cute! Love the heart thing there. Thanks for posting this, you inspired me! :) Wanna try this one out using my love, my brother xl2600i? :)

    Sweet Regards,

    Dorothy Parker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X