Thursday 30 December 2010

Christmas Presents....

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and are enjoying these inbetweeny days, as I call them. Here we have the sales ( where I bought some VERY short dresses and some VERY high heels, feel fabulous in them, but wondering if am too old to be wearing clothes probably meant for 20 somethings ) We are eating lots of chocolate, playing games, have been to the pantomime, and my two littlies are actually going up in an aeroplane the size of a small shoe for a little adventure. We have a family friend who has his pilot's license and goes on his flights every so often to make his hours up and has invited us along, of course I am playing scaredy cat and not going up, though am so proud of my two children who have jumped at the chance of an opportunity to go up up and away. Hmmmmm we shall see how I really feel whilst waving them off that little runway.
So, we are doing our best to enjoy these inbetweeny days, and hope you are having fun too, whatever you are up to.

Hope Santa treated you, I was very spoilt with some lovely gifts, new crafty books....














A little book of style ( someone trying to tell me something ;0)


Santa knows I love a little CK at Christmas....





 My favourite CK bird napkins I love so much....




Email is good, hand written pretty cards are even better....






Lovely little trinkets....








I do love the Provence Rose, though have never bought any of the dinnerware set, was so lovely to unwrap the sweet little plates....


Mmmmmm so pretty....



 I had always had my eye on the sweet smelling SJP perfume, If you haven't had the chance to take a sniff of the scent yet, it has notes of wild red strawberries, gardenia, mimosa, vanilla and creamy musks. It is a very feminine perfume was a lovely surprise and I really like it.





Of course, I had a very, very special present that Santa bought a little earlier than expected. It couldn't have come sooner as my old one broke only days after me getting it. Here is a little clue....



Yes, I am the proud owner of a new chine :0) I had been pondering over which make and model to get for yonks and yonks, and was so happy with my olde, little, yet very trusty Janome, and so that is the make I went for. I kind of reckon on the only reason my old one broke was because I was pushing it too hard, hoping it would do the things, deep down I knew it really wasn't capable of, though she really did give it her best shot.

My new lovely baby....





So I am having fun playing with her, and love love love playing with free hand motion sewing and the fancy stitches. Hopefully we shall be good friends for a very long time. One of my first little go's at freehand motion writing.







So, some very very lovely treats. I still am a believer that Christmas is not about the presents, the food the crackers or even my beloved chocolate, it is about peace on earth, goodwill to men. And that shall always be my thinking, but I have to say these pretties certainly are the icing on the cake :0)

Hope Santa left you something pretty under that tree....

X

10 comments:

  1. Wow, santa was good to you, those books and sewing machine should keep you busy till easter, best wishes for the new year, Lucey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas!! What fabulous presents! Yes I am a huge fan of Janome machines, mine is from the late 70's but she's a right trouper :D Merry Christmas All the best for 2011 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got such lovely gifts, you deserve it though :) Best wishes for 2011 :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got lovely gifts. Some of the books are on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa must have thought we both had been good as I got the CK Stitch book to, and her stuff is in the shops. It is very expensive so I shall be saving my pennies to buy more. Love the new machine, long may your good relationship continue, having a tiff with my machine at the moment. Best Wishes for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gifts that will give you pleasure for many months and years to come.
    I think you will be very nervous when you stand on that runway!
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely presents. All of the books are fab and I love your CK goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohh lovely chine!
    Great to be able to try the free motion!
    Happy NY!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you!

    I got the CK Stitch! book and also the Kirsty's Homemade Home one! I am very pleased that Santa thinks I am just as worthy enough to have these as you! lol

    Wishing you a happy and healthy 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X