Tuesday 13 January 2009

Uncertainty and Lovely Surprises....




On the day I found out that my Darling Mr.Poppins faces redundancy yet again, we have been through this twice before in only a few months, a special surprise from the lovely MelMel came through the door. She knew I was feeling somewhat gloomy and wanted to send me something to cheer me up and my it really has. The day is not a good one though to know that there are people out there thinking of me, and now us as it turns out is very touching.


My special surprise was a delightful Mary Poppins book, I shall so enjoy it and it is indeed a very thoughtful and apt gift. One to be treasured. The card too is very very sweet and what lovely words, it means so much. Thank You very much MelMel.





I shall of course keep you posted on Mr. Poppins, I know that there have been some of your loved ones, or even yourselves who have been in the same boat, it was indeed a boat I thought we had had our fair share of, but it seems not, so we are back on for the ride again, and as my sweet husband is one of only a handful left in the Office you can I am sure understand how we feel.


Miss. Poppins has commented when we have been through the same before, on the fact that Daddy could lose his job, and wondered if she would be able to carry on having School Meals, her sweet comment made me smile :) isn't it funny how they think sometimes.


We are doing our best and are happy to take the rough with the smooth, and I shall be thinking of you if you are or have been in that same rocky boat and wish you all the very best.


X

20 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, we are in the same boat here, a possiblity . . . Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very welcome.....:>)

    I'm in that boat with you.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything turns out ok for you - Flossie had a saying "it's always darkest before the dawn"

    It has got me through many rough spots - may your dawn come very soon

    Sara
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary sorry to hear that, I hope things turn out ok.
    Lovely book - perfect for you!
    Thinking of you XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear how awful for you. I hope things are soon sorted out and he can find a new job. I love all your hearts in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its just an awful time isnt it, you will get through what ever happens, we are still waiting with Steve's job too! What a fab girl Mel is to cheer you up!! Take care...Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again,

    I might do some shots of my old and new suits... the one i'm wearing at the moment is almost comical it's getting so big for me!!!

    I haven't used my Le Creuset yet and prob won't for some time.. it's joined the piles of boxes in my bottom draw!!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you lots of hugs (((((((()))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that. Things are so up and down at the moment. Poor you. Big hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Mary you are definately an old romantic! Hmm love poems...will have to have a think as I am not much of a poet!X

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear of your worrying news, fingers crossed all is OK for you

    April xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi MP

    So sorry to hear the news, thinking of you all. I'm sure there will be silver lining - I'm a great believer that things happen for a reason and that there's always something positive to be drawn from every experience x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sweetie,
    Sorry to hear your still feeling blue.
    This economic climate is terribly depressing. Both my husband and I work in Investment Banks in London. We are both on our 90 days warning..it's like a notice period that you are at risk of being made redundant, so both of us are very volatile. My job isn't something I want to do, but at the moment I can't be fussy, and it looks like I'm probably safer than my husband. It's a RUBBISH time and I really feel your pain. If ever you want a chat....

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a lovely present from lovely mel she is a sweetie isnt she!!! fingers crossed for you i hope you get good news soon !
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of you Mary and sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely of Mel.
    Thinking of you and your husband.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely gift xx
    Thinking of you and your husband Mary x
    I have everything crossed for you.
    OH's company have just had a contract renewed so I am half certain we are ok for next few months but after that....who knows...its a worrying time.
    Take Care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww MelMel's adorable isn't she? Just one of the lovely people I've met since I've been blogging. I really hope Mr Poppins' job is safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful book !^-^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X