Tuesday 1 May 2012

One Unfinished Job Finished

I wonder sometimes why I am absolutely fantastic at starting little makeovers/jobs etc around the home, yet am absolutely rubbish at finishing them. Please tell me I am not the only one who has this trait. Take Master Poppins' feature wall in his attic bedroom. I was brilliant at getting the Cath Kidston wallpaper out and started wallpapering with gusto and enthusiasm. As the room has a round window in it, it became quite a difficult task getting past that window, lots of workings out and careful cutting. If any of you have ever wallpapered around a round window, you shall understand. Anyway a couple of widths before the end of the wall I just flaked out and had had enough. Yes I know, why give up a job nearly done, daft isn't it. But there we are.

Anyway he has had a big gap behind his bed for longer that I wish to admit, until today. As he was relaxing on the couch as he is off school under the weather with a bad cough I cracked on, mixed my paste, cut two lengths of wallpaper to size and did it. I actually finished the job I had set out to do yonks ago. It looks so much better and of course I am cross I didn't finish it sooner, as it really didn't take long at all....


Now to crack on with the other trillion things left unfinished ;)

X

18 comments:

  1. I've got loads of unfinished jobs waiting for my attention! I'm impressed by your wallpapering skills,and well done for getting it finished,it looks great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wallpapering skills are indeed not too bad....unless you look very closely ;)) Thank you feels very *at sea* in his room! x

      Delete
  2. Bet it looks smashing!
    Lucky boy!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks really great! Well done. And don't worry. I have lots of jobs unfinished too. ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, I have so many yet to do and not enough time to do them, slowly but surely is my motto ;)x

      Delete
  4. Looks stunning. Lucky Master Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also on a mission to complete tasks that have been unfinished for too long; I've just finished one that was over 3 years old. It is great to remove that little bit of guilt.

    I have to admit that I would never have started wallpapering, so must congratulate you on that as well as completing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, is quite cheery to get at least one job off my to do list finished and well done you too! Wallpapering is a skill I am not perfect at but quite enjoy and certainly enjoy choosing and buying wallpaper ;) x

      Delete
  6. Well done you. I have lists and lists of unfinished jobs, both work related and home related!

    And what lovely wallpaper!

    Sam x
    sconchtextiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes is a cute print, and works perfectly in his room. Good luck with your to do jobs! x

      Delete
  7. You are not the only one!
    I have such big plans but rarely finish a job! I am more of an ideas person than a finisher!! The bedroom looks lovely. Did you find the cath k wallpaper easy to work with? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ideas come so easily, it is the actual getting things done isn't it, and probably why I am such a daydreamer! I have used CK before ( Paris Rose Design ) in my daughters attic bedroom and I have to say is lovely to work with and a very high quality wallpaper imo. I love the way the print actually looks kind of hand painted :) Good luck if you use any of it, am sure you shall love it! x

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for the appreciation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,I don't think any room in my house gets completely finished off before it needs to be decorated again. I keep hoping my hubby will help me with the more technical jobs but it never comes about. I love your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X