Friday 19 February 2010

Kaffe Fassett Could Be My New Fabric Love....

Popping on very quickly to let you know I am very grateful to all of you that left me very helpful and heartfelt comments on my last post. Both Mr. Poppins and I have read through them all, jotted down all the excellent advice given and hopefully can see things in a clearer light. I have found out that in my county, there were 83 appeals heard for infant places last year, and only 3 of those appeals were successful eeek. Being an infant class with only 20 places, it seems that getting ones application in a little late, again, we believe through no fault of our own, means maybe he was always going to be an automatic decline so appeal we must. I have spoken to the LEA, and have set the wheels in motion. Master P is at least on the waiting list now for the school his big sister is at too, so hey that is good. As I have mentioned in my last post I really want to pop and see you all to say thank you and when I get back to my own, quicker computer I shall.

I have lots of lovely photographs geared up for you all, I have been shopping, thrifting, fabric buying, so as with the rough we must always have the smooth, so look forward to showing you some pretties. One lovely place I have been to today is the Isle Of Anglesey, 40 minutes or so away from where I grew up.
 
We went for some lovely lunch here

And not too far away from this pretty beach in Trearddur Bay....
 
 


Is the most wonderful fabric store, it is called The Copperfield Centre. It is a secret little hidy place that if ever you stumble on you must go in. I had wanted to go for ages and was on my to do list. Not long ago I got chatting to a lovely blogger via email about it, who had been, and made me want to go even more. I can't seem to find a website or links, is that much of a secret you see ;0) So if any of you know of any links or websites I would be very grateful if you could let me know of any. It really is very lovely and hope you look forward to seeing the pretty photographs I took inside and think I may have found a new fabric love. I know not everyone's cup of tea, wouldn't that be dull, but I am now the proud owner of a little Kaffe Fassett I have been playing with the fabric all evening and guess what, it has grown on me and now I want to go back for more. Is Kaffe Fassett one of your fabric loves....  

X

20 comments:

  1. Oh I love Anglesey....thats where the caravan is!
    In a little place called Moelfre....I've been going there since I was baby....the site is actually outside the village and near to a beach and some Roman monuments...a lovely place!
    Enjoy the rest of your break Mary.....I've not seen much K.F....except on Hen's blog, its very cheerful, lovely patterns and colours...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'm not too familiar with his prints, but I have seen a few and they were very nice.
    theprairiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, my parents live near Trearddur Bay. I'll have to look for the fabric shop next time I visit them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric!! Good luck with the school appeal!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased you are feeling better now and have had a lovely day. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like Kaffe Fasset, very rich colours, warm and homely - make you think of cats curled up and log fires - I did a few tapestries with kF label many years ago - looking forward to seeing your piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pleased you are feeling a bit better - please have big hugs from me to all the family xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo we've been on our hols to Anglesey for the last two years, isn't it lush. Spent a LOT of time on that very beach too, Twiglet did his first ever bodyboarding there last Summer - yay !!
    Twiggy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love angelsey and I need to discuss with you further for my holiday home search ! I've got some kaffe that I really like :) l x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am glad you are having such a lovely time! Now don't get too despondent about the appeals, I had to appeal twice with 2 of my children, and both of them got in, so it may all work out for you yet! suzie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't meant to blog for a few days but could'nt resist answering your comment knowing that today I was both in Rhoscolyn then in Trearddur bay staying at my parents in law! Didn't make it to Copperfield though sales are on in two weeks! Also I felt for you about the appeal for the school and hope it is all resolved soon. Then i am so surprised to only notice now the loss of your little Joshua (we lost our baby Barnaby in 2005 too)and we too are Christians so many coincidences it seems!? Have a great weekend! and thanks for the lovely mention!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Mary, I've been away so long, I hadn't read about your school place. You must have been and must be heartbroken and my heart goes out to you. I do hope your appeal is successful, but I can't advise as I've never had to do this. I wish I could say something more constructive.
    I adore Kaffe Fasset. I long to attend a workshop by him, and I've read through and drooled over all his books. I get them repeatedly from the library. He's a true inspiration - I think he's one of the reasons I've always been interested in patchwork (though never felt confident enough with it). Oh, I could wax on and on. His fabric line has some truly stunning pieces.
    Mary, you are wonderful, and I feel you will come through this with a positive outcome. I will be thinking of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I remember Kaffe from my youth lol...he was really fashionable and I particulally remember his knitted fabrics. His home was, and I assume still is, a conglomeration of colour, pattern and design....amazing.

    My heart goes out to you at this time hun, I can't really advise as I don't know enough about the procedure but I would have thought that with his elder sister being at the school was reason enough and I thought that was a prime reason for allocating a place....will be thinking of you all God bless xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have sat on that very beach - my SIL lives just down the road.
    Good luck with your appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fabric! Don't forget to e amil me your details so I can send you some fabric?
    Hope you are successful with the school appeal, that is such a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so sorry - I missed your last post. I really feel for you - getting our children into the same school as each other shouldn't be a subject to debate about as it should just happen. We have the same problem in our area. Do and say whatever you need to at the appeal - it's your right. If it's any help - I know parents' here who have appealed have been successful. Keep positive.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I live near Anglesey (see it every day from my window) and love spending time there. Some wonderful places that feel like you're the first people ever to visit. Will defintely be having a look in The Copperfield Centre when next I head over the bridge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely blog you have!Did you make all those beautiful crafts? Such a talent. I will be checking back with you, I'm a new follower! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would most certainly love to meet up in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have just come across your enjoyable Blog site and will be a frequent visitor from now on.
    I live on Anglesey and agree entirely with the comments you made on the lovely shops, Anderson and Copperfield at Four Mile Bridge. Well worth a visit if coming to Anglesey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X