Saturday 13 February 2010

Lovely Magazine's and Valentine's....

Thank you so much for your lovely words on my little crafting spree,  my mojo was found late at night and all the little projects had been made by the next day. Thing is the mojo is playing hide and seek again and I haven't a clue where she is, she finds really good hiding places my mojo, hmmmm I shall have to have a really good look.

I really enjoy partaking in the lovely swaps we have on here, I don't know about any of you, but feel it has been a little quiet on the swap front lately so when I saw  Floss's lovely magazine swap I wanted to join in. The idea being that we swapped one magazine of the craft/vintage/lifestyle genre with someone else, it wasn't to be one you especially bought, but had in the house already and had already read. Mmmmm I think I had quite a stack to choose from. These are some pretty ones I got from a lovely lady from Freecycle.





My swap partner was the lovely Beck at Dandelion, a really cool blog dedicated to kids, chooks, books, chatting, making, creating, and Beck's life in the country. Beck lives in Victoria, Australia and I was so happy to have a partner abroad.

Well I gathered my two hmmm I mean one magazine Floss if you are reading, it is supposed to be a no frills swap and I am not very good at no frills, I am a very frilly person. Anyway I gathered my selection for Beck and merrily went to the post office to send them to her. Apologies for the little tease here Beck if you are reading as I know you haven't received yet, hope has tickled your fancy....






Well look at what has arrived on my pretty UJ doormat....





Aren't they lovely, and how kind of Beck to send a beautiful card with delightful photographs of her hometown on. There was also the cutest litle Koala bear which Miss. Poppins took a shine to and now has him under her pretty wing. Thank you so, so much Beck, you have chosen for me the most delightful and drool worthy Country Style magazines, and I can't wait to read them from end to end.

 Ohooo apologies readers did you actually want me to open the pretty magazines, full of country charm, idyllic homes, a little CK, some pink, and gorgeous home styling, did you? Well of course I am not that mean, though if you don't mind can I read first ;0) I shall keep you drooling a little while longer. Hopefully not too long though.

So, I am off on a little jaunt to the sea and mountainous air, it is half term week and normally the husband works whilst I play, so we are going to stay with family and have some fun and he shall join us at the end of the week, he has managed one day off, so one out of five isn't too bad. Miss. Poppins is looking forward to choosing a winner on Valentine's Day for my little giveaway say tea time, does that sound alright, so if you would like to join in please feel free to do so, all welcome. Right I am off to the shops, alas not for me but for the husband, seems one does have to buy them a little gift for Valentine's after all, and there was me thinking it is only the ladies that get treated. What to get him though, I really have no idea....

As for my little gift. I have one very, very special young lady to thank for my gift from him....

Happy Valentines to one and all, whether you are in a relationship or not, I know Valentine's is not everyone's cup of tea, though I do think the most important relationship we have in our life is the one we have with ourselves, don't you, maybe. Valentine's is special to me, it was the day in 2006 when I found out I was excpecting Master Poppins, and believe me from my last experience of being pregnant the year before and loosing my baby at nearly 26 weeks, many tears of not only joy were falling down my cheek on that day. But, I have learned to love the day and realise how special it is to me. Also it is the family dog's birthday on Valentine's Day.

Happy 12th birthday dearest, cutest, sweetest Katie.





Have a good one blogger friends, whatever you are doing.

X

17 comments:

  1. I have to say, I am hugely jealous of that stack of Country Livings. It is my absolute favourite magazine and I can only imagine having so many. How you must ever get anything done.... What a great swap, enjoy your little holiday and magazine reading. I do hope the weather holds for you.
    theprairiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely magazines, they would go really well with a big mug of tea :) Myself and my boyfriend said we weren't going to buy each other anything for Valentine's so I decided to make him rice krispie buns as he loves them and was talking about them this week, I will try and present them nicely for him. Your wee dog is really cute :) Hope yourself and your family have a wonderful Valentine's Day :)

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, yes, I think I may have a pile nearly that big as that. Of course my pile is not growing near so fast anymore, as many of my favorites are no longer being published. Can't wait to see what' on the inside of your swaps!
    Happy Valentines Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a love idea this magazine swap. I am sorry I missed out on it. Well, maybe next time.
    Have a nice Valentine's Day.
    Bye,
    Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, people are talking about another magazine swap already! Maybe we could do an autumn one...

    It's so exciting to read your post and think of all those magazines winging their way round the world - my Canadian one arrived today but I am keeping it in its envelope until onday, when I'll have a bit of time to enjoy it properly.

    Can't wait to see what you bought Mr Poppins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mags look lovely, can't wait to have a sneeky peek at the pages. Have a lovely valentines day and Happy Birthday Katie. xxx Pixie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your puppy photo is gorgeous and just makes me want one. I have one, just like that, who runs around on my computer. I have to be content with that when I am working. Not fair to leave a doggy all on its own all day!
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes good old Freecycle - I got some from a lovely lady on there too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, thats a huge stash to get through!!!!! lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is something alluring about the delicious stack of magazines you have pictured here....

    oh so yummy and full of delightful inspiration!

    thanks for sharing!
    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your mojo is just napping!!!
    Those magazines look great!!! Happy swapping!! Happy valentines too!!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice swap, Happy Valentines Day.

    Hugs RosieP x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My crafting mojo comes and goes too. I'm sure you will find some inspiration in your swap magazines (or if not, then surely in that HUGE stack of Country Livings!!) Have a wonderful break!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. well hopefully ms poppins there will be another swap soon ;)
    I loved the magazine swap...I had a problem with the no frills too...and perhaps more than 1 magazine happened to jump in my envelope!!!!
    We don't do St V's..I say we..its me really..I like my text and phone call every day saying I love you so don't need anything else..that and ...what on earth do you buy a man!!!
    I'm not very romantic I'm afraid..our 1st wedding anniversary is in a few weeks and I have said he MUST book us a meal somewhere lovely but no presents no cards...tbh if he books a meal its gift enough as usually I do all that stuff!!!
    X Have a good one X
    (hehehe have just remembered I bought a pack of love heart jellies... but I think I'll give them to the boys!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there
    I love your blog, andI have been reading it for an age now, it is fabulous! I hope you do not mind but I have added it to my blogroll on my new site. :)
    Love Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog!

    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog.
    I hope you have a lovely, special day and enjoy your stroll along the beach.
    You have some lovely magazine there Mary, how lovely to get a magazine that is not published here.
    Happy birthday to your lovely dog, that is a really sweet picture,
    Happy Valentines, love to you all
    Rachael XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X