Sunday 18 April 2010

Thank You and A Billy....

What can I say, thank you again lovely friends for the messages, emails, and comments on my last two posts. It means more to me than you shall ever know. It has also made me think about friendships formed on here, and how they really do affect people's lives in a positive way. I am wobbly at the moment, and shall be for a little while longer but I know you are there to help, guide and pick me up when it all gets too much. One thing that upset me very much when I lost Joshua is people, understandably, not being able to talk about it with me. Not knowing what to say for fear of upsetting me. I so wanted to hear his name, I had given birth, I wanted to tell people. Of course, what do you say to someone who has walked out of hospital leaving their sweet baby behind, never to have felt their sweet hot breath against their face. So talking about Joshua with you all, has, and always shall be, very cathartic. I shall carry your beautiful words about him with me forever.

Many of my messages were from lovely blogging ladies, who, like me had lost their own precious sweet babies, or knew of friends and family who had, and also some who were pregnant and wanted to let me know a hug was sent my way. I am truly blessed to have come into contact with you all. Hopefully my sweet Joshua's spirit shall be with you a little while and hopefully I have done good by talking about him.

So what has little olde Mary Poppins been upto.

 Take one Billy....Hmmmm, nice, but not really doing it for me....




Ahhh, that is better.... 






Very pretty....and nearly there.




Lovely tins from Tesco, thanks for the heads up Elaine :0)....for my ribbons and things....




Perfect, now I have somewhere pretty to store some of my (spare ;0) fabric... Let me know if any of you have prettied up your Billy's. I would love to see them.

I shall leave you with a photograph of myself....Thank you SO much dearest friend for my lovely surprise gift. She/I has pride of place in my home, we all love her. You have touched me with your thoughtfulness and kindness.





Hugs, and spit spot everyone....

X

24 comments:

  1. Well Billy looks almost unrecognisable!!

    Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy looks lovely, very Mary ;)
    What have you used to line it? Was sat in the bath just now thinking of making a curtain for mine, find it impossible to keep it tidy ;)
    Oh but mine isn't a Billy, it's somewhat larger so will take some making but I'll get there ......... eventually ;)

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    I have an almost irrestible urge to rush to Ikea now, thank goodness its almost 10pm on Sunday night so I can't do anything rash now!
    Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking so pretty Mary! I am partial to a billy or two in my house although they are not as nice as yours, maybe one day :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh isn't Lorraine sweet?! I've never seen a Mary Poppins doll before, but she's just perfect.

    I am wondering why your new shelf is called a Billy? I have one of these I bought years ago and still in it's box somewhere. I think I'll go and find it and pretty it up as well. Great idea Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to you, Mary Poppins. You've written so eloquently, and sincerely and openly about many difficult topics. Not everyone would be able to share such thoughts and facts. I am sure that your posts have been immensely helpful to many readers.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi mary, well done with your billy, it looks fantastic, and has given me food for thought.
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Practically perfect in every way!!

    Your billy looks lovely ... what did you use to line in? I was going to do the same for a bookcase I have in my kitchen and thought about using fablon - but couldn't find any with a suitably pretty pattern ...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so pretty.. is it fabric or paper that you've lined it with.. looks very sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only done two sections of mine so will show and tell when finished :) we have Mary poppins too, I love her :)
    hope your doing ok Hun x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Mary! That Billy is wonderful. you have inspired me! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Billy looks much prettier now, especially with the lovely fabric as well.

    Glad MP has settled in well :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous billy transformation - did you use paper or fabric to update it?

    I do hope your memories and chatting about your gorgeous little Joshua help you through what must be an unbearable time :-( I think people are scared to talk about death after it has happened as it is hard to say something that will not belittle the amount of pain you must be going through and they also don't want to make you feel any worse than you do already. I also worry that maybe the person who has lost someone is having a moment of calm and then if I say something they are going to go back into that sad, dark, painful place :-( Your blog is fab as not only can you find some form of help from it but you can also teach us that it is OK to talk about these things.

    Take care and virtual hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh,i have never seen those cute shelf units,i have never been to ikea,i have heard terrifying stories from people who have gone-=( but after seeing how you prettied them up i have convinced oh to take me-yay!!
    as for those tins,i saw them yesterday,i love them and the little set of 3 round matching ones but oh couldnt get his head around why i would want something with a union jack on it-madness..

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Billy incognito!!! Lovely, looks really pretty!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Billy looks fantastic. What did you use to line the shelves. I have some shelves,that I hate, in my craft space that would benefit from a makeover
    Viv
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the way you decorated the shelf! So much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've made a fantastic job of the bookcase.
    I'm sorry, I've not been around and I've obviously missed quite a few posts. I think the blogging community is lovely, and the supportive comments are incredibly heartwarming.
    Making hearts is always rather lovely - and there are endless variations, aren't there. I've now revealed mine and shall blog about them as well. A crafting break has been rather theraputic for me, methinks. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hello, what a gorgeous bookcase! I've just read back about your gorgeous Joshua, what a beautiful baby he was
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. you mentioned that you sell your things on facebook, would you like to "friend" me, I'm joy shallcross, and I am the only joy shallcross on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well billy is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Billy. I have one that I use for books and knick knack. Last time i visited Ikea I saw these smaller ones. Nice and cheap also. I think I need one. I didn't pretty up my Billy, except for other knobs. The same ones as in my last post (or previous if you read this tomorrow).
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is the prettiest Billy I have ever seen! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X