Friday 30 March 2012

On Location

Master Poppins really enjoys his expeditions out when he occasionally gets called to a job as a little fashion model. He has modelling for some fantastic brands, and seems to really love the camera. As he has to have an official children's work licence and school are for now supportive, I think until he no longer enjoys it we shall carry on. Education is of course very, very important, however he learns so many other valuable lessons in life when he gets called to a photoshoot, he can navigate his way around the London underground better than I, he socially has come on leaps and bounds and which was my main reason he got involved, and he gets to meet many very interesting people and places. Of course being his mummy, I am merely his chaperone for the day but I especially couldn't wait to go on location for a photoshoot he had this week. It was at a drool worthy home that I couldn't help but share one or two photographs with you. Whilst he had been whisked away to strut his stuff, I got chatting to the lovely owners, who happily let me have a little nose around their home....

The gorgeous Kitchen diner....



   Drool....

 
This bedroom was just yummy....


Oh my, the bathroom....


And here I am, pretending it was all mine ;)


This bedroom was so, so cute....


And the little corners of the home with pretty treasures on....

Flowers....


Gorgeous eiderdowns....


Oh it was just lovely. Soon it was time to go, Master Poppins enjoyed himself and I came away with much inspiration indeed. Infact I think this would pretty much be my dream home. It also got me thinking, about people who hire out their homes as such for location filming etc. I don't think anyone would ever fancy coming to my home. They would be tripping over lego, or falling over the loose floorboards we have, or even wondering if the bare plaster look we have in some rooms is indeed a fashion statement. But, if I had a home as beautiful as this, would I consider hiring it out? I know the pay is indeed a fantastic reward, but I think perhaps I would find it a little intrusive I don't know. Maybe it is simply the fact that a home as lovely as this just needs to be shared, and why indeed I am sharing a little of it with you....

X

18 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, it is a wonderful home!
    But I'm sure yours is too!
    you do have lots of flair!

    I would SO hire my house out.....!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home is definately a *work in progress* Mel! In my mind however and with the help of pretty home magazine it is just beautiful ;) Your home with its CK charm would be perfect for hiring out :) Hope life is treating you well xx

      Delete
  2. It is gorgeous and I suppose hiring it out helps to pay for it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With pay around £500-£1000 per day for the average hire, it would certainly help! x

      Delete
  3. WoW! That house is GORGEOUS! Yours is just as lovely I'm sure,after all our homes are not show houses they should have that lived in,warm and cosy look...I think so anyway!
    Have a lovely weekend. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was very lovely :) My home has one or two pretty corners but still so much work to do and life seems to have got in the way a little. As long as we are all together and happy I guess that is the important thing. A house should indeed be a home and although mine is certainly a work in progress with building work still to be done, I do my very best to make everyone feel welcome :) xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely!! Truly divine!! I think, if i had a house like that, I would love to show it off to people!! I have been up for sale 3 times (3 different houses) and each time, I love people nosing round and admiring and making comments about all my pretties and decor!!
    By the way, how did your son get into fashion modelling?? My daughter would absolutely love to do that - she wants to be a fashion designer when she gets older! She was once approached in a shopping centre and asked to look on New Looks website for the dates of the childrens modelling competition (they were doing adults that day) as they said she was a natural. Unfortunately the child's one turned out to be a day in London that we couldnt make!!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I imagine all the lovely comments would quite rightly make you very house proud :)) I think is all the special little touches and pretties that make a house a home. I shall email/message you about the modelling thing, I know not for everyone but my son loves it and he has learnt many life skills. Good luck if you decide to pursue it with your daughter x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful house but I could never keep it that tidy. My house is full of projects but perhaps more interesting for that. I used to sell houses in the 80's and so had access to show houses and bungalows all day long. It was inspirational to see how they were decorated to the best advantage and I loved all the bits and pieces around to make the houses look more like homes.
    My Uncle's house was once used in a film. I didn't know about it; he never told us, so the first I knew was when I saw it on film. The film was made in the 1960's and is famous. It is called 'The Spy Who Came in from the Cold' and the house is in Holland, on the coast. I was truly amazed when I watched the film. First I recognised the film, then I thought 'that's right near my Uncle's house' and then, surprise, surprise, they went inside. I was gob smacked. I really was. When I asked my Uncle about it, he was very non-committal, even a little embarrassed so I didn't go on about it. It was only shown on screen for a few minutes but even so I was pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Star what a story about your Uncle's home! I must of course now try and google the film, searching for the very home. I can never keep my home tidy and to be honest it is that *lived in* look I think that makes a house a home. x

      Delete
  6. What an amazing home, so beautiful! Its making me what to redecorate and get in a team of cleaners!

    Have a lovely weekend

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha yes Denise, is making me want to bring in the cleaners here too. Certainly a very staged home for the photoshoot's etc, though who knows what it is like when no film crews are there ;) x ( Probably just as clean )

      Delete
  7. oh my what I wouldn't give to live in a place like that :D it's all so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Was very pretty, the rooms felt like they had come out of a stylish home interiors magazine....yours is pretty cool too :) xx

      Delete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful house. You lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh that house is amazing! So neutral but with key pieces that give a hint of personality. I love white rooms although having a black dog can mean our white walls don't stay white for long!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X