Monday 19 March 2012

Pretty 'n Pink Magazine....

Whilst browsing in the newsagent some days ago I came across something looking very pretty and went over for a closer look. You may have heard about the re-launch of this magazine on television, but to be honest was a new one to me....


The special introductory price of 99p really took my fancy, and should hopefully enlighten me to the art of cake decorating, as it is something I would like to have a go, and normally not very good at. I like quick baking so I can get whatever has been baked into my mouth quicker ( sweet tooth ) but just love the look of these delicately iced cupcakes. I can only dream of being able to come up with something like this...


It comes with a little magazine with tips and ideas....


And a gorgeous pink gingham cupcake stand, 2 butterfly cutters and perfect for me some pretty pink sparkly  glitter....


All these alone are worth around £7/8 or even more so well worth buying at 99p I thought. I believe the next issues are going to be £2.99 so not bad even at that price really. I need to read up a little more on how to subscribe and whether there is indeed a little catch or not if I do so, but I shall certainly be keeping my eyes out for Issue 2 and couldn't help but let you know about this pretty pink magazine.

Happy baking....

12 comments:

  1. I picked this up as well and thought it was a great buy for 99p. I'm not sure about Issue 2 but I am definitely after issue 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you lucky thing! I have been trying to find one of these mags in newsagents etc for the past week and no where has them!! Will have to keep up the hunt :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shall keep my eyes out, perhaps a little giveaway is required :) x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely mag. I wish we had it over here! D'Agostini sell sets like these in the Netherlands. At the moment you can build the HMS Vicory. Not very exciting. I will keep my eyes open though. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the HMS victory sounds very interesting, tis always the *free* gifts with these ones that reel me in ;) x

      Delete
  4. Its a good one!! The other giveaways are easily worth the £2.99 as well I think. I looked at subscribing but it is with D'Agostini and my son once had a subscription with them for a childs computer magazine. It was really hard to stop when he had enough of it plus they kept sending extra things like expensive binders and then invoicing us for them. When I read the small print of the cooking one it also mentioned binders..............so beware!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, I have seen mention of binders ;) I also seem to have think I have read that you don't get the *free* gifts in the next issues if bought in shops....Shall just have to wait and see, and think I shall put off the subscription for now x

      Delete
  5. 99p is not bad considering you get a cupcake stand with it - these can be rather expensive! I shall have to take a trip to the newsagent to partake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes you must partake Rachael, even if only for the cake stand ;)) x

      Delete
  6. Oh I am glad you have shown this, I am terrible at decorating my cakes and had been wondering about this but was unsure how good, I am off out to buy this weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish this magazine was still around! It was one of my favorites. I just liked looking at all the pictures, even though I could never bake anything that looks nearly as good as the things in the magazine.

    Sarah | https://affordableblinds.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X