Sunday 25 October 2009

Merci Beaucoup....

Thank you so much dear Blog friends for your very interesting, articulate and thought provoking comments on my last post. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, I am truly touched that you can share your precious thoughts with me :)

Well I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. It is a little crazy here, wondering when this home of ours shall ever get finished. Yet no doors on the attic bedrooms, so even the pleasant purring of my sewing machine always has an overtone of children's background noise. Is it any wonder I sew into the night, listening to calm and moving classical music. Do you listen to music when you sew, or am I a little strange that when I create I love to be moved by my surroundings and sometimes feel like I am dancing along with the music, whilst creating something pretty.


Well I wonder what you are all up to, I have been playing with buttons and threads. Think I need to get out more ;)


I am loving playing with my new thrifted vintage threads.





Mmmmm, I wonder which is my favourite ;)





So, my little thank you from me to you :)





Any favourites in there :)





X

11 comments:

  1. I'm a bit of a Radio 4 girl - I enjoy escaping with a play in the background when I'm sewing. Loving the button love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gorgeous
    Does it sound strange to say that those threads look gorgeous, I never thought i'd see the day when i'd say something like that lol.
    Love your version of a button heart.....beautiful. Now i'm wondering if I should make some of my button hearts for the craft fair, hmmmm, what do you think.
    I too like to listen to music while sewing although there is times I just like to hear the purr of the machine.
    Hope you've had a great weekend
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done any sewing for a while, but it's definitely Radio 4 for me too.

    I can't paint walls without Radio 4 either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Funny you should mention the music. That is precisely what I was doing yesterday - bopping away to music while I was sewing. Very inspiring!

    I love your cottons and buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your buttons, I have my great grandmother's button boxes and love going through them. I do love to listen to music, though sometimes an audiobook is just what I'm looking for.


    theprairiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your threads too! I love vintage sewing equipment! I inherited my Nan's sewing machine and sewing collection, I must share :)

    Your buttons are beautiful, as are your creations xxx

    Lots of Love

    Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the button heart ! been busy designing and tweaking a new robin decoration x sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love those buttons in that pretty heart! Oh no you are not alone, I listen to music too, it transports me to somewhere beautiful! Suzie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo lovely threads I likey :-) i usually have one of my Michael Buble CD's on when Im hiding oops I mean crafting in my sewing room :-)
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I never got round to comment on your previous post. I do often find myself grabbing the camera so I can blog about something but I enjoy it as an outlet whilst i'm waiting to move into my home.

    Living with my parents I'm "confined" to one room so it's fabulous to escape to blogland and get inspiration and ideas until I move out and am able to put many of these ideas into practice.

    I love your threads, I have some very similar in my collection

    have a great week

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo look at all those buttons!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X