Wednesday 20 June 2012

Craft Challenge With Abakhan

It is time where I hook up with Abakhan again and get my crafting mojo in gear. Abakhan have teamed up with various crafty bloggers to initiate a creative budget craft challenge to showcase what can be made with a relatively small budget ( in my case £15 ) spent on crafty supplies from their website. You can read about my first creative budget post here and I decided to go for a Jubilee theme. I handmade many a little project with my small budget and this time around I wanted to concentrate on maybe making just one or two items. I knew I wanted a pretty, floral theme....



I couldn't resist the pink floral corduroy at £4.28 per metre and I thought the roses and bows fabric at £6.25 so very pretty. I also popped in a metre of wadding at £2.65 for a metre and some hot pink bias binding at just £1 for 5 metres. My total spend was even under the £15 budget at just £14.18. I had an idea in mind of what I wanted to make but seeing it up close, the corduroy especially is so colourful I have one or two other ideas as well. 

I shall be back soon with what I have made and if you are taking part in this challenge also, please say hello as I would love to see what you are making with your creative budgets too :)

Happy Crafting....

X

Disclosure: I was given a £15 credit to spend on the Abakhan website for the purposes of this blog post

13 comments:

  1. Ooh you've chosen some gorgeous fabric there!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria, Enjoying thinking of something pretty to make :) x

      Delete
  2. This is great advertising for them! I'll be having a look over there to see what I can do next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I love Abakhan and have fond memories of going as a child. Many a bargain can be had especially in store. x

      Delete
  3. Hi Mary! Just to let you know that Tracy and I have received our swaps and we have both posted today about them if you wanted to come and have a look!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know Kezzie, I wandered over and was amazed!! Well done you two and what a gorgeous and thoughtful swap you both did. Thanks for sharing all about it :) x

      Delete
  4. That corduroy is divine! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. I came via Abakhan Fabrics on Twitter and I am also blogging these challenges. I did a child's dress for May and am in the middle of 2 bags for June!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohooo thanks for sharing Angela, I shall hop foot it over to your blog and have a nosey ;) The child's dress sounds wonderful! x

      Delete
  5. I'm doing it too and also chose the rose fabric along with some red and blue poly cotton and some clear PVC! I've made a big thing each for both my children and now looking at lots of little projects to use up the rest! Its great to have to try new things. Cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohooo I can't wait to see what you make, is fun deciding isn't it ;) Ah yes the bows and roses fabric is so cute. Having made lots of little things last time, I think I would quite like to try maybe just one big project, we shall see, I am forever changing my mind ;) x

      Delete
  6. Oooo - Back to doing what you do best!
    Looking forward to it Mrs Poppins.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks L, my crafting mojo definitely comes and goes and lets hope it stays long enough for me to make something pretty from this lot :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love your floral fabrics :-) I have gone for a blue theme this time and hoping to whip up something with sky blue fleece and gingham! It's so nice to see all the different creative projects everyone is coming up with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X