Friday 29 June 2012

Abakhan Craft Challenge

I decided this month for my craft challenge in collaboration with Abakhan to make one larger project. I opted to use all of the wadding and almost all of the the two fabrics and bias binding, and made a pretty quilted playmat. I think it has many a use, perfect to roll up in the car and take on little journeys where something a little softer is required to pop ones derrière on. Also Miss. Poppins has enjoyed having it as a place for her dolls to rest, and it also looks just so sweet laid at the end of her bed. 

I just very simply pieced the three together and then quilted the top using four sewing lines to give it a little more volume and sewed the bias ( not too neatly I have to admit ) along the edge to give a pretty finish....  


Here it is hanging on the line and I just love that charming crinkled look....


Miss. Poppins' rag dolls certainly looked at home on it....


A couple more soft toys then came along to the party....


I really love the vibrant hot pink and floral corduroy side, it looks really pretty at the end of Miss. Poppins' bed and is so soft to touch....


For me though I think the dainty floral side is my favourite and I think gives a lovely shabby chic, vintage look....


I think it a lovely little make for my daughter and coming in at just over £14 for all the supplies from Abakhan, I would imagine something similar and ready made in shops, would cost more than that. I have decided to make a couple of matching cushions with the left over fabric for her bed too, so would really tie in the look. I am really enjoying seeing what other people have made in this challenge and certainly helps get the creative juices flowing :)

X

Disclosure: I was given a £15 voucher to spend on the Abakhan website for the purposes of this blog post.   

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the fabrics. The dainty floral one will feature in my post too but I might have to buy the hot pink cord. Its so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty little quilt!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I'm so used to sewing dresses from corduroy that I would have never thought of using it in a quilt - great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X