Friday 22 June 2012

Toucan Box Review

Being a parent who enjoys craft myself, I really try to encourage creative play with my own children and therefore I was more than keen to try out a Toucan Box I really like their concept of a themed children's craft box being sent full of crafts to entertain the young at heart. A box is sent each month, full of crafty projects, along with a booklet with simple instructions on how to make everything up and there is even a story book included which is related to the theme of your box. Your child's name is printed on the front of the toucan box which makes it a very personal gift, and the box itself can be used in one of the crafty projects where it turns into its very own safari scene. When the toucan box came for Master Poppins to play with and see what he and I thought, he couldn't wait to get all crafty....


The theme for his box was Safari, and the four main projects to make were....

Pipe Cleaner Monkeys
Sarfari Animals
A Rainbow and Safari Scene
Poms Pom Animals

The story book was called Squeak The Lion and is about Squeak who wants to be just like his older brothers and is a charming, coming of age story that is bursting with the colours of Africa. There is also a lovely, colourful tin of wild animal trump cards to play together. As well as this there are of course all the crafts to make up the projects, such as polysterene heads, plastic eyes, pom pom makers, paper fastners, lolly sticks, cut out animal faces, wool, pipe cleaners, felt tips, brightly coloured tissue paper, a glue stick, 10 colouring in animal sheets of paper, 1 rainbow sheet, and animal cutting templates. Master P loves sticking, gluing, cutting, drawing, and colouring in etc so this really is the perfect way to spend his time. He wanted to make up the pipe cleaner monkeys first and I have to say they looked rather cute....  


He really got into the swing of things and happily sat through making many of these crafty things....


He just loved making the snake....


I really think Toucan Box a very high standard craft box and I was delighted with the quality of the craft supplies that came with it. So much so that I think I shall take out a subscription as when I work out what I spend individually on the children in craft stores each month, this makes for a very worthwhile investment. The fact that all the crafts come neatly packaged in the child's own named big box an extra bonus as I think this keeps everything all neat, tidy and in one place.

X

Toucan Box can be taken out monthly at £19.95, 6 monthly at £18.95 or an annual subscription at £16.95. All subscriptions come with free delivery.   

Disclosure: One toucan box was sent for the purposes of this blog post.   

2 comments:

  1. That looks really great and would certainly be something I'd consider for the winter months especially. What a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a delightful idea! I'd definitely consider buying one of these as a present for someone!!! Beautiful! By the way, I did a post on the making of my swap items if you were interested to have a look at at all? http://kerenzaallin-garner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/mary-poppins-handmade-heart-swap-what-i_22.html
    Hope you are well!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X