Saturday 14 July 2012

Dress for Less

I love shopping we all know that, but mostly it is house-y type shops that you shall find me in, or funky children's wear stores picking up clothes for my little Poppins etc. Clothes shopping for myself can often take a back seat and it seems so long ago when my Saturday's were spent shopping with the girly friends, then getting ready that evening trying on our newly bought clothes, having a glass of wine whilst watching Blind Date ( those were the days ) The online world has taken off, much can be bought online, and however much I like shopping in shops and trying stuff on, I just never seem to get the time or inclination to clothes shop these days....

Anyway this weekend there was an opportunity to grab an hour to do a little browsing in the fashion shops so I thought I would take it. I saw a pretty little Miss. Selfridge floral dress in the sales which caught my eye. Seeing 'much younger than me' girls trying the same dress on didn't put me off and in the changing room it came. 

Here I am taking a little snapshot of me trying it on....

      
It fitted really nicely and comes with a little pink leather bow belt that nips in the waist. After a little twirl I decided yes it was a cutie and I would have it. Then I saw some shoes. Oh I love shoe shopping, shoes have always been my thing and if I won the lottery I would be spending some pennies on a pair of these As it is I shall probably have to make do with doing this with my cheapo ones ;) I loved these five inch Dotty P numbers. I had a little practice walk and soon got the hang of it so these came home with me too....



I just love the spotty heels and as it is quite a block effect heel, I find them easier to walk in than many of my lower height heels, they feel more stable somehow and are actually quite comfortable....


I also like bags, not the ones that seem to frequent under my eyes but pretty ones that a girl can put all her stuff in. I saw this metallic snakeskin effect clutch bag whist I was queuing to pay for the dress and shoes. It is really shimmery and in the sales too. Yes, I shall have it....



I was more than happy with my little haul and what bargains I found too....

Miss. Selfridge Dress: Original Price £39.99 Sale Price £10.00
Dorothy Perkins Shoes: Original Price £40.00 Sale Price £12.00 
Top Shop Bag: Original Price £20.00 Sale Price £7.00 

So I saved myself a total of £70.99. So you really can dress for less and being the penny saving shopper I am, I always like to hunt out bargains in the sales. I heard the Next sale was on today and with many people I know getting to the store for 5am. I like a bargain it is true, and for little ones Next sales are fabulouso, but it has to be said I like my bed much much more. Having worked for Next many years ago, I don't always remember my time working there during the sales with fondness ;) It was hot, people were barging into one other, and I couldn't wait for my shift to end. Ha ha things are hopefully a lot calmer these days. 

Did you go?
   
X
  

18 comments:

  1. Wow! Fab bargains!! Love the dress so much xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! Just love your pretty blog and thanks for popping by :) x

      Delete
  2. That dress looks fab! And with those smashing legs too! You show those youngsters how to wear it, gurrrrl!!!
    Spotty Dotty Ps! Could bling 'em up with coloured stick-on diamantes I guess?? But they're rather cute as there are.
    Excellent finds. Enjoy!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohooo really like the idea of the diamontés and yes I was a little 'older' shall we say than many of the younger ladies trying on the same dress, though thanks for the lovely encouragement :0)

      XX

      Delete
  3. Super bargains! The dress is gorgeous!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria, just need some sunshine and a pretty day out to wear it now ;)) xx

      Delete
  4. What a steal! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne, can't resist my florals :) xx

      Delete
  5. Online Sale shopping for me - Next & Boden this week. I'm much more controoled with my spending this way as well!
    Love your buys Mrs, especially the Happy Shoes!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes online is certainly proving fruitful for me, especially with my lack of 'shopping' time. Sometimes is nice to browse in 'proper shops' though also as many things online I have to send back for one reason or another. xxxx

      Delete
  6. I just love that dress. It's so lovely and summery. Fantastic shoes, although I can no longer walk in high heels I still go all mushy when I see a pair of pretty shoes :)

    Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby, Ah yes these are indeed high scrapers ;) Love my heels but in truth I don't get much opportunity to wear them these days. I need a good excuse to get these ones on and shall keep hinting at the husband ;) xx

      Delete
  7. In love with those shoes and what an amazing price. I worked at Topshops flagship store during my uni days and remember sale times well. I do miss getting my 25% off staff discount and that was in the days when a Topshop dress would cost £25!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was the same with Next, 25% and yes at times I miss it too. I don't miss working at sale times though, oh no ;)) Am really liking Topshop, I bet it was fun working in their flagship store! xx

      Delete
  8. The dress looked lovely on you. I do love a bargain myself!!

    I would love to go to the Next sale - but cannot be bothered any more. I used to be there when the doors opened, but as you say it was crowded and hot and I always found that where the staff were in a hurry, the security tags were yanked out leaving a hole!! Or when the tags were marked with a permanent marker, this sometimes went onto the clothes - so I ended up taking them back!!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember well all the returns I had to process after sales due to permanent pen marks or holes in due to the tags. I haven't ventured to a next first day of sale for a long time but do remember picking up fantastic bargains for the children :) Tbh I think all year round sales are happening more frequently so which ever high street you can be on there is always a little sale going on in shops :) xx

      Delete
  9. I used to be a Next sale shopper too. The heavy rain woke me just before 5am on Saturday, and I thought about going for a few seconds, but I'm just too old for the elbowing, shoving and snatching items from the rails. I have heard that you couldn't get near the car park, and two 'ladies' almost had fisticuffs over a sofa! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, hmmmm yes I probably thought about going, very very briefly and then thought better of it. I agree am far too old for any of that shoving malarkey. Sometimes you get the better bargains going in a couple of days later after the dust has settled :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X