Friday 6 July 2012

My Little Role: Style At Home Magazine

Not so long ago I saw an advertisement in an edition of Style At Home magazine with the opportunity to win a day as a stylist with some shopping spends included too. I just had to forward my details as I would love to be a stylist for the day, my dream job, and we all know I love shopping ;) Anyway after a little sobbing into the pillow at not winning ( I like to think they picked out of a hat ;) I was contacted by the editor to ask if I would like to be considered to be a Stylist At Home, where in a future issue I give little comments, hints and tips on reader's homes and also on new product ranges. Would I, oh yes I would and I couldn't wait to have a peeky at people's homes and new interiors products....


So for a little while now I have been sent images for the September edition to comment on, and although is only a little line here or there I have had super fun and loved nosing at the homes ;) It is a little exciting knowing my little photograph shall be in next months magazine on the shelves in my local supermarkets etc....

    
I know there are many of you out there too who love stylish interiors and you could get involved by emailing if you want to be a future Stylist At Home....


It really is a lovely magazine packed with lots of scrumptious images and a bargain price too. I think this was just one my most favourite articles in a past edition. All that floral loveliness....  


I thoroughly enjoyed my little role with Style At Home and it has definitely got me itching to look into doing something within the Home Interiors/Pr/ Marketing world on a more permanent basis....

Watch this space....

X


11 comments:

  1. See Mrs Poppins, every cloud has a silver (pink for you) linning!
    Looks like oodles of fun!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, pink indeedy! Was quite fun, and being a natural nosy sort, enjoyed seeing inside peoples homes ;)

      Hugs xxxx

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great opportunity! I am looking forward to news about your new endeavours.
    Have a nice weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne,

      Can't keep off the 'proper work' for much longer, lots of lovely ideas and plans, tis putting them into action that is the hard bit! Big hugs xxxx

      Delete
  3. Lucky you - sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame you didnt win! I am a subscriber to that mag and have often thought about applying to be involved - but never got round to it. I look forward to hearing more about your experience!

    -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, was a super duper competion, but more than happy with my ickle 'consolation prize' role ;) Yes, yes you must, make it one of your to do things to email them and get the ball rolling! Good luck and don't forget to some back and tell me :) xx

      Delete
  5. Hey! That's pretty fantastic! You do some pretty cool things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks Kezzie, my life is pretty boring tbh, and rather monotonous. But these little things make the hum drum of day to day life a little more appealing it has to be said.

      Hugs xx

      Delete
  6. I heard your prompt and emailed the magazine.

    The editor sent me through a form which I have just completed and sent back together with my lovely photo :)

    So exciting... I can't wait to hear further :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X