Wednesday 11 July 2012

Why I love Dotcomgiftshop

I have long been a fan of dotcomgiftshop with its pretty, quirky and very reasonably priced items. I often head over to their website for a little online window shopping, whilst making wish lists as I go. When I have some extra pennies I go back and buy one or two of my favourites.... 


I couldn't wait for this pretty candy stripe tape to come into stock, I just love it....


And as for light up rabbit, what joy this little £4.95 rabbit has brought to the Poppins home. I know there are many out there who feel the same about their light up rabbit's too....


I have in the past offered the occasional product review for dotcomgiftshop and when they asked again if I would like to review an item from their webiste, well you wouldn't have to twist my arm that hard ;) I decided I would like to review something for our kitchen table as it really is the hub of our family home. There are so many lovely table decorations available and many of which are especially pretty for wedding ideas too. As I love oilcloth on my country kitchen table, I thought I would try out and see how practical a choice their wipeable Paisley Park tablecloth is. It is so pretty....

  
And I also happened to have the matching bunting that I had previously bought....     

 
So, how did it fare? Well it really is a good size and it would comfortably fit our other bigger table ( that I kind of borrowed for my crafty work ) so I was really impressed with how generous it is. Also it has a pretty bias edging with I think gives it a lovely professional look....    


And it does wipe very well indeed, although it has creases in some areas where it was folded in the packaging am pretty confident these shall come out after proper use. It isn't as thick as my normal oilcloth bought off the metre so is a little thinner but then it isn't being sold as oilcloth and it goes perfectly with my table decorations....


We have had many a spillage, which has wiped away easily, I have kept it on all the time and it is wearing really well and I would certainly recommend it for family use, so thumbs up from me. 

Now I must run off and count my pennies, there is a wish list waiting for me over at dotcomgiftshop, and what with a sale on I think I need to go spend a couple of them don't you....

X

Disclosure : I was sent one wipeable tablecloth for the purposes of this blog post.   

4 comments:

  1. Lovely goodies Mary. Your tablecloth is so pretty.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh gorgeous things Mary! I too love dotcomgiftshop. I adore the bunny light!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know i have never heard of it... until now! :-). *races to check bank balance*
    Looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a light up bunny too!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X