Monday 9 July 2012

I Heart Instagram

Many of you shall probably have heard of the Instagram app. I really love it, and like many I enjoy posting pretty photographs on there as well as nosing at everyone else's beautiful images. I find it a lovely social place and I like how easy it is to interact with people by just tagging them. I have found some lovely cyber friends on there too. There are so many social networks out there now and sometimes I think it all becomes a bit overwhelming at times. I don't think for example I shall ever get my head round Google+ so I have decided I am just going to stick with what works for me, what I love and enjoy. I have a busy family life and in reality I just don't have the time for any extras. So, here is a little selection of some of my photographs and please feel free to have a nosey if you want to....

So here we have Master Poppins on some hot ( pink) wheels, he really doesn't care what colour toys he plays with as long as they are fast. I captured a pretty flower that had just bloomed, and I love the colour, so pretty. What with all the rain we have been having, it seems I no longer leave the house without my wellingtons or indeed an umbrella. And our adorable border terrier I love him with all my heart and he is a good friend indeed....


I think you all know I just love my florals and so when I spied this beautiful and bargaintastic bed linen in Tesco for Miss. Poppins' bed, in the shopping basket it went. It is really pretty and looks lovely with the Cath Kidston polka dot pillowcase. I may just pop back to get some for my bed too. Talking of Cath Kidston, I also made Miss. Poppins a pretty and very big cushion cover for her bed, using some old Cath Kidston floral fabric. It is a perfect size for lounging on, and sitting up to read. So perfect in fact I am now kind of borrowing it from her ;) And yes, even more rain, though Miss. P kindly lent me her pretty umbrella and I love this photograph I took of it in the rain....      


I have a sweet tooth, so I couldn't resist this salted caramel cheesecake, and it was just delicious. We have also had a special birthday in the Poppins house and as I often put things away and forget where I have put them, found the bunting decoration just in time. I had to take a photograph of a very inspiring corner I was relaxing in on a little afternoon out. I am doing my best to re-create its charm in my own home....

   

And lastly, my funny snack time concoction of strawberries and cheese on oatcakes. I cannot resist a little fruit accompaniment with cheese. I saw this adorable scarf at H&M in the sale at the weekend and at £5 I thought a real bargain. I think nude/natural is one of my most favourite fashion colours, the scarf is a lovely mix of cotton and lace. Miss. Poppins is enjoying reading Enid Blyton's Malory Towers and has taken  me right back to when I read them as a child, which only feels like yesterday.... 



I am so impressed with the camera on the iphone and can't remember the last time I used my digital, and having all these lovely retro filters to play with makes it extra fun. So if you are on Instagram do let me know would love to nosey at your pretty photographs too :)

X

6 comments:

  1. Oooh you know im a BIG Instagram lover... its just a shame they are not better quality when blown up but hey ho we cant have it all right?

    Instagram user name = Snaphappyjennie

    That floral bedding is adorable! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohooo hello Jennie :) I already follow you on Instagram, and just love your photographs. Thanks for saying hi on here. Yes the floral bedding is catching on and I am certainly going to go back and get another one for my bed! ;)

      X

      Delete
  2. Hello there! Your instagram pics are beautiful. I love floral bedding and nude fashion colours for scarves too! I've designed and made a pir of pink/nude opal earrings for my latest giveaway. It would be lovely if you wanted to enter. Em ♥
    http://mimiandtilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi and Tilly, thanks for stopping by and ywes I just love those sorts of colours! I am running >>>>>> over to your giveaway as I type, sounds beautiful :)

      XX

      Delete
  3. I loved reading Malory Towers as a girl, many, many years ago. I'm sure your daughter will love them too.

    IG. Yes, I'm starting to get a little bit hooked on. There are so many beautiful pictures being posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on instagram Artyfartymack whats yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X