Sunday 12 August 2012

Clarks Back To School Shoes - Review

As the time is approaching for me to start thinking about uniform and shoes for the Poppins in readiness for the new school term, I was happy to review the new Clarks Back To School range, which included a fitting. An appointment had been booked, which can certainly save on any possible queuing. Anyway I decided to take both Poppins along, and arrived on time, ready for their personal fitting. Although Miss. Poppins has had many pairs of Clarks shoes for school, this shall be Master P's first fitting for a pair of Clarks school shoes, and he was quite excited. He even dressed up for the occasion....


He was expertly measured and our fitter was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful in many of my questions. I was quite keen to know that although there are still some weeks to go before they go back to school that there shall still be plenty of growing room in their shoes and she explained that there would be. Master P knew straight away which school shoes he liked, and he was a very willing customer when it came to trying them on and having them fitted.

Oh yes, he liked these ones, standing tall and proud before his little walk around the shop....


He had his little walk around, and our assistant double checked length, and the width etc and she was more than happy with the fit. I asked whether this particular style is suitable for his feet and she told me they were fine and so job done, one happy little boy and one happy mummy. Next for Miss. Poppins who has ( like many 10 year olds ) her own ideas on what she does and doesn't like style wise and so I thought may be a bit trickier to find a pair she liked. She was measured first whilst I had a little mooch at the ones I liked and thought may suit her....

    
I was so surprised that Clarks sizes for the girls can go up to a size 9 and wrongly thought that with her being a 4.5 shoe size, there wouldn't be much choice. As it was she tried on 3 pairs, her favorite, my favorite and daddy's favorite....


These were my favorite....


The Clarks staff do really know their stuff as it was pointed out to me that Miss. Poppins has feet that roll in slightly and so some styles would suit her feet better than others. As it was, it looked like mummy's favorite pair weren't the best suited to her feet. Next she tried the ones daddy liked and yes, you guessed it she wasn't too keen. She wanted to try the ones she really liked on, and she loved them. Although they weren't my top choice, I did actually like the brogue style which is fashionable with the young ones and they did look nice on her too. I was informed that the lace up's were a suitable choice for her slightly rolling in feet, so also on a practical level I was happy for her to have them. After a really professional and friendly measure and fit, we came away with their two new pairs of school shoes, and happy in the knowledge that they shall be hopping off to school in a pair of decent, classic, hard wearing shoes that shall hopefully last them a while....


 I can't wait to see them all dressed up ready for the new school term.

X

Disclosure: We were given a £40 voucher to spend towards a pair/s of Clarks back to school shoes and for the purposes of this review post. All words and opinions my own.   

2 comments:

  1. My two had their feet measured at Clarks. My 9 year old girl is in a size 5, oh no she is going to have big feet like me.
    I'm always impressed with the staff at Clarks. They are never pushy, but will give their thoughts about sizing etc. Two pairs set me back £63, but well worth it. Let's face it, these shoes go through a lot......xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. best tennis shoes for standing all day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X