Thursday 2 August 2012

On Your Bike

During these summer holidays whilst Mr. P has been at work, myself and the children have been drumming up little things to do each day to keep us entertained. We all really enjoy cycling, though I have to say for me it is at a very leisurely pace when I am on my 1950's Rudge ;) As the weather was  nice one day, we donned our helmets and decided on a little cycle to visit a friend. Hopefully the children could play happily on the lawn whilst us ladies nattered. We stopped halfway for a little photographic session :)

Super speedy Miss. Poppins takes some keeping up with it has to be said....


 And Master P, who at just 5 years old is a super confident and proficient rider on what can be quite busy country roads....


I couldn't resist taking a little snapshot of my vintage bike leaning against the garden gate after we arrived at my friends house....


  Oh and we enjoyed every step of the wonderful walk up the garden path....


Miss. Poppins wanted to take a little photograph of moi at the top of the steps so I could 'pretend' this was my house ;) She knows how much I just love it here and I am forever telling my friend she needs to share it in a home and garden magazine....


The gazebo was up and the tea was brewing....


My friends home is so welcoming, the butterflies are more than welcome too....


And the outside summerhouse is like a pretty home all in itself....


After the children had their lovely play on the lawn....



And I'd enjoyed a friendly natter it was all too soon time to go and make our way back down the garden steps....



We had a lovely ride home and can't wait to get on our bicycles again....

X

6 comments:

  1. Lovely - Look at Master Poppins - how cute is he????
    Your friend has a beautiful garden too....

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a really lovely and relaxing afternoon, can't beat a little bike ride to blow away the cobwebs :) xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I'm on the hunt for a vintage bike with a basket! :)
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched for a while to find a vintage bike I really liked. I think I was lucky to find this one which was in good condition with a basket and had had only one owner. Needs a little TLC here and there but rides like a dream. I paid just under £80 for it ( including the basket which alone can cost about £40 ) which I thought a bargain! Good luck in your search and let me know when you find one :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Mary, I hope you and the kids are well. Just a little note to mention that Master P's helmet doesn't look as though it is sitting correctly on his head in the photo above - it may be worth looking here: http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/pedbimot/bike/easystepsweb/ just to make sure he is nice and safe for your lovely little jaunts! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely lady, so chuffed to hear from you :) Thank you so much for that invaluable link on the helmet. Yes Master P's looks quite far back on his head in the photograph, I always do a little check on them both before we set off so don't quite know what's happened there but thank you so much for pointing it out and sharing the link. I am quite a stickler for all the health and safety stuff so shall be much more aware from now on :) Love to you and hope you are well and happy. X

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X