Monday 20 August 2012

Tots100 Film Club The Lorax - Review by Miss. Poppins

Miss Poppins asked this month if she could write the review for the Tots 100 Film Club and I thought it a super idea. What better way to let you know what a family film is like than it coming from those who ideally the film is intended for. So I shall hand over to her....  


"Over the weekend, myself (Miss Poppins) and Master Poppins watched a brilliant film - The original 1973 TV cartoon of Dr. Seuss's The Lorax. It really was inspiring to see how the Lorax would do so much to save his land and also his friends. At the beginning of the film, a small boy came to the dreadful land of the Once-ler. He then tells the story so viewers could see what's going on. The wannabe millionaire Once-ler drove through a lovely piece of land with very peculiar trees.


Being the thing that he is, the Once-ler got out of his wagon and felt the amazing Truffula Trees. Then he decided to invite his relatives over after knitting the Truffula wool which was a brilliant success. However, one day when he was cutting a Truffula tree down, out pops a small orange thing- The Lorax! "I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees, I speak for the trees for trees have no tongues!" He chimed, and followed the Once-ler while chorusing his song. The Once-ler was fed up. Near the end of the story, the Once-ler looks out of his enormous window, and sees what a mess this once beautiful place was. 

The Lorax then leads the Once-ler outside to witness some more of the mess. Even though he was guilty, inside, he refused to give up his business. The Lorax then said, "Very well then Mr Once-ler, if you won't go, then I will." And like magic he flew up into a hole cloud. Soon, all the Truffula trees were gone and so had the Once-ler's business. All that was left was mud, dirt, grime and a Truffula seed. At the end he handed the little boy the last precious Truffula seed and said, "See what you can make of that and the Lorax and his friends may come back."

Overall The Lorax was a brilliant film to watch, I thoroughly enjoyed it, loved the message about having to look after our planet and would definitely watch it again. I am even asking my mum and dad to take me and my little brother to watch the new one that is out now.  

I would rate this 4.5 out of 5 stars.


Thanks for reading my review, I really enjoyed writing it."


Disclosure: We were proved with one 'The Lorax' DVD for the purposes of this review. All opinions and words my own. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this story when I was a little girl. Honestly, I have watched this film far more times than I would like to admit and I still get excited every time I see it. Since I put the new Lorax in my Blockbuster at Home movie queue I decided to show the old version to my daughter before the 21st century got a hold of her and left her disenchanted with the classics. She loved it, but not nearly as much as the new one. I currently work at Dish, but I am going to school for wildlife conservation, so it is safe to assume that I have hugged a few trees in my time and I can get behind this film. The “green” message in both versions is the same and it is powerful. I am happy I have an unlimited amount of rentals with my subscription because I have a lot more classics that my daughter needs to see before she is too old to value my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X