Tuesday 28 August 2012

Birthday Treats And Pretty Things

It was my birthday not long ago, so I thought I would share some of the pretty things that came my way. Family and friends must know me so well as I just loved everything and I was overwhelmed with people's thoughtfulness. Especially the husband's it has to be said. Look what he brought up to me in bed on my birthday morning....


Tea is my most favourite drink in the world and for me you can't beat that drinking it in bed feeling. I felt very spoilt and when the family brought me up the presents, well, I felt VERY spoilt indeed....


Oh just yum! I like to savour every second, so carefully opened the cards first, knowing it wouldn't be long before I would be diving into a lovely pile of presents. Miss. Poppins' card to me was perfect and as I am always thinking of cake, very me....


 The presents arrived in a bag ( which I kind of knew I was getting ) and I love it so very much, very Pip Studio I thought....


I opened this cute little matching set of nail files first, so handy to pop in the bag. When out and about I often want a nail file but have none to hand....


Next up was this beautiful Vintage Love perfume from M&S. Oh I just love the vintage style bottle and having seen it on lovely blogger Gem's Instagram a while ago, I knew I had to have it, thank you so much husband for remembering....


I had to have a little CK in there too. When we get desperate I can't believe I actually hand out my 'for special occasions only' CK paper napkins to the children when having their beans on toast or whatever. It is no wonder I am always wanting to restock. So these were a lovely surprise from my lovely little Poppins....


I am forever moaning that I can't work out how to upload music onto things and how I miss my old fashioned tape walkman. What a lovely birthday treat from Mr. Poppins this is, hopefully shall make things easier and he even had a soppy personal inscription on the back which I love and makes me smile....


I also kind of knew I may be getting these converse-esque shoes from the children, I was with them when they got them, they are so very pink and very me.....


So, I was very spoilt by my lovely family, and just love my new birthday gifts. We then went to Wales for a little holiday and I saw my brother, and he gave me yet more birthday gifts, all with a lovely heart theme.  Who cannot but fall in love with this pretty Emma Bridgewater hearts tray. Thumbs up to my brother, and his lovely female friend who helped him choose....


What a delightful hearts inspired draught excluder....


And I am so enjoying what pretty things I can pop on the adorable heart magnetic board he got me....


He knows of my love of CK too, so I gave a big smile when I opened these....


Well, thank you bruv. Guess I better up the stakes when it comes to your birthday, which is soon ;) The owner of the store who I know, found out through their chatting that he was buying gifts for me, and she even popped in a little something too. How very kind, and I just love the pretty scarf she got me....


 My lovely Sister In Law gave me this divine sequinned collar....


And these pretty earrings....


So I think you may agree, some lovely birthday treats indeed, and I have been a very lucky birthday girl....

I thought I would also share some pretty things that have come my way, which I have bought here and there and many of which were super bargains. Firstly, I had been hankering after this vintage style limited edition Colgate toothpaste. I searched and searched to no avail. Then on one my jaunts to Home Bargains, I found it. It's not to be used of course, just to look pretty and vintage-y in the enamel mug in the bathroom ;) A bargaintastic 55p a tube....


Many of you may know my shopping habits tend to leave me with little buying obsessions. Oven gloves seem to be the order of day right now, and I can't seem to get enough of cheap and cheerful ones. These were from Asda, in the sale at £3....


Yes yes, I know we haven't really had any kind of proper summer, but I seem to live in flip flops all year round, so couldn't resist these floraly Fat Face ones, again in the sale at £5....


My love of vintage just keeps growing and growing and I really enjoy my time browsing vintage bits and bobs. I picked these 4 green glass dishes up for a £1....


My posy collection is growing well, especially when I keep finding pretty ones like this, again at only £1....


I had to have these brand new crafty items, purchased from one of the stalls at a horse show we went to. A lovely pink knitted tea cosy which I seem to have photographed upside down....


And this gorgeous knitted corsage....


I thought this beautiful handmade bag the bargain of the day....


And I loved these laminated prints that I bought and am going to use as place mats....


So a little post packed with new pretties, hope you enjoyed!

X

6 comments:

  1. Ahh serious envy going on here! Totally me! I have some pink converses I win on eBay in the mail to me which I am super excited about! Loving the bargain hunting and what lovely gifts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bunch of gifts you got, I especially love the Emma Bridgewater tray, and the breakfast in bed looks divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What fabulous goodies!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts and great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Gorgeous things. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday from me. Loved looking at all your pressies.
    My new address:
    www.acottagelifeinengland.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X