Monday 6 August 2012

It's Party Time!!

Tis party season in the Poppins household and this normally means a little trip to the yellow and blue store. Luckily we have one not too far away from us and so off we all went to choose some party supplies suitable for both the adults and children. I am like a child in a sweet shop when I go to Ikea and there is so much pink shabby chicness in there right now, I couldn't resist many lovely things....


I was so impressed with the lovely sale fabric at just £1.99 a metre. The idea is to use the fabric as tablecloths for the party but I am already envisaging many lovely cushions I could make out of it, and it would make the perfect fabric for covering a little chair or two....


I found many party supplies from Ikea. Take these super little glasses for only 90p for a pack of 6....


And I just loved the glass drink bottles....


Not long ago I had bought some pretty apple decorations from The Lovely Room which sells the prettiest things....


And I thought they would make a very sweet touch on the Ikea carafes. I think the sparkling rosé shall look very pretty in these....



At the weekend in a reclamation centre I saw a lovely garden trolley which had a removable tray and I  knew it would be super for an outdoor garden party. It is really solid, with good quality wood and I was happy to pay the asking price of £10....


The Carafe bottles look so sweet nestled in the bottle spaces....


 I almost squealed when I saw these pretty napkins on the shelves in Ikea....


 I have been searching for a little while for a pretty napkin holder and thought this one just perfect. Good old Ikea....


And I had to have the pretty paper cups at 50p ( sale price ) for a pack of 10....


What is it with Ikea and candle buying? I had to pop a couple of these sale 29p pink ones in the trolley....


 Of course there were children to cater for too....


We have been looking for a long time for a suitable gazebo for the garden, and many we have seen have either been very, very expensive or lacking in quality somewhat. On our visit to Ikea I wanted to see what gazebo's they may have. We all liked the look of the Karlso Gazebo  and I thought it a very reasonable price as many I have seen in various high street department stores have been hundreds of pounds and over our budget. It was very straightforward to put up, and both Mr P and I assembled it reasonably quickly. I love that it has detachable curtains all the way around....


The brand new paper decoration I found at the car boot for 50p....


And of course you can't have a gazebo without bunting....


And if anyone gets lost they just need to look out for this sign....


As for the party day itself, I really, really hope the sun has got his hat on. The weather has been so unpredictable and well, you just never know. Fingers crossed. If he hasn't, well, at least we have a pretty little place to sit and take cover....



X

10 comments:

  1. It all looks soo very pretty,think I need a trip to my local Ikea after seeing all your lovely buys.
    XX Manda XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. All looking very pretty! Must visit ikea soon!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! You should link up to #MagpieMonday you'd get the prize for bargains of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty purchases! Haven't been to Ikea for years as nearest one over 2 hours away and I don't do motorways! Will have to see if someone can take me. Enjoy your parties, it's birthday season here too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so amazing! You have found some brilliant things there, I hope you have an amazing party x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow can I come to the party? i will wear a posh dress and bring a cake!
    all looks great and all those lovely bargains!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want an invite!! as well as a trip to Ikea!! I think I need to write a date for a trip in my diary!
    Love the napkins and the holder! Was the holder expensive?
    The trolley looked brill, once it had been prettied up!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow looks like it will be a beautiful party, hope you get nice weather for it.

    My 4 year old loves Ikea so we go a lot in the holidays too. I went yesterday and got 1m of grey linen fabric for just £1 and a couple of large cushions for just £1.40 each in the sale. They were garish colours but I plan to make covers for them.

    The only problem with Ikea is that even though it's cheap you some how end up spending a fortune. I can never buy just one or 2 things lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read today that the name ikea now is in possession of a Dutch division of Ikea. I guess now Ikea is Dutch LOL. I don't care though, I love going there. Fortunately there is one close by. I haven't been there for a while I think I will take a peek when my love has to work late.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya! I love trips to Ikea!! I have been nominated for the one Lovely Blog Award and have been asked to pass it on. I am passing it on to you because I think your blog is Lovely! If you would like to accept this award please take it to your blog and pass it on, and if it is not your thing then please accept it as a compliment on your blog! http://madeformollyrose.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/one-lovely-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X