Sunday 20 November 2011

Cute Soaps....

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback on my little makes, I think you can guess rather than dreaming of a white christmas, it is quite a pink christmas I dream of here in the Poppins household ;) So, having mentioned the book I am really enjoying in my last post, I had to get on with just a ickle something inspired from it. We have somewhat of a poorly household here and so need to do something pretty whilst playing nurse and also getting myself better. I couldn't help but just wrap one or too really cute little presents for christmas....

I was inspired by this photograph in the book of soaps wrapped up as little gifts....


Cute huh? And not many pennies would need to be spent I am sure. Good quality packs of soaps can be picked up cheaply from the supermarkets, and when I spied these pretty and very inexpensive soaps at a local craft fair, well, I couldn't leave the poor things behind could I?

  
Of course I couldn't, and I just thought they would look the prettiest little things all wrapped up in their Christmas coats....


Oh yum!! I love the velvet ribbon and am not sure I could bear to unwrap them. Wouldn't they look so cute on a little vintage dish. However much I love these they are not for keepsies and I shall be wrapping lots more to go to lovely friends and family this christmas, I may even make up special little christmas bags packed with delicious little pretties. Here is one I made a start on....


I am sure it is normally well into the christmas month before I start getting all festive, and think about presents etc etc. Maybe my organisational head is taking over, maybe it is the pretty christmas paper I use that just makes me yearn to wrap presents. The realisation that my dear mother in law, who loved christmas, being around people she loved and who loved her shall be missing this christmas makes me sad, but also makes me realise how very much we need to enjoy life, live for the day. I am so grateful and blessed to have my family around me, and for me christmas time is not just about pretty presents, but a time of quiet reflection too....

Are you feeling any christmas flutters yet?

X

8 comments:

  1. This week I will be wrapping pressie's and writing cards. (I have to get it all done by December) I am emptying the freezer so that I can fill it with lovely Christmas foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I love wrapped soaps and yours look fab!
    I enjoy making up gift sets and wrapping them up in cellophane. Little soaps and jars of homemade bath salts are on my list to do.
    DX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Mary.....great idea with the soaps!

    I fought the urge to come back...but I like keeping a log of what I like/do etc....I keep thinking about all the things I would have liked to ask family members about, see pictures of how they lived etc....it's a good idea to be able to leave a piece of "me" behind....in-case any future generations want to hark back to the old days....not that I'm pregnant.....YET!

    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they look so great. Very pretty. I would be more than happy to recieve one of those as an xmas pressie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute x I am very into the christmas spirit this year and have already done some handmade christmas decorations. I will be one of those people that puts my tree up on the 1st December :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All my presents are bought and wrapped and tagged up already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, might pinch it! :)

    I'm dreaming of a pink Christmas too! Bought a gorgeous little pink tree from M&S last week and am now sourcing nice pink baubles to dangle on it. Can't wait!

    I usually leave Christmas to the very last minute but because I'm taking part in a couple of blog swaps this year it has forced me to think about Christmas sooner and I'm pleased about that. Hoping that come mid-December I'll be finished and spending my days drinking snowballs and watching old films!

    Nicki xxx

    PS where did you get the gorgeous fabric (with the little birds on) in your last post? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am feeling very festive at the moment - earlier than usual! What is affecting us all?!
    Couldn't agree more with your sentiments regarding family - can't wait to share it all with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X