Friday 18 November 2011

Homemade Christmas....

At this time of year, one can often find me beavering away at the craft table making pretty decorations for christmas. I don't really go in for the traditional in the sense when it come to christmas fabrics, but I like more of the quirky, unusual and in my opinion quite girly fabrics....


I have to have some pink in there....


And I really enjoy making christmas stockings for special little ( and sometimes big ) people....




I love this christmas tree fabric, so pretty....


So many peeps are handmaking these days rather than going and buying the factory produced stuff and I really think this is brilliant, giving a handmade gift just can't be beaten. I have to say I am really enjoying my new book Homemade Gifts Vintage Style



So many different and lovely handmade ideas in there, all I need now is the time to make them ;)

X

9 comments:

  1. Time is a problem at this time of the year. I love all the things you have made. I love that they are all girly and pink.
    Keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Christmas fabrics, they are a bit different. That book looks good too, I must keep my fingers away from amazon and the books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Mary some fab things there. As much as I love traditional red gingham for Christmas, I think the fabric you have used is gorgeous and a break from tradition!
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely. I am making a stocking for my grandson. I've made them for all our family over the last 30 years. Will blog it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabrics you've used are lovely, much much nicer than some of the more 'traditional' Christmas fabrics out there! Gorgeous makes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I particularly like the birdy fabric you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't beat a homemade christmas - I'm working my way through my list of pressies to make at the moment.

    That book looks seriously tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The things you've made are gorgeous! The heart with the funky Christmas tree fabric is gorgeous, and I absolutely love the pink and turquoise stocking!!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely makes!! Also love your new book!!! I may have to get that one too : )x
    Hope you're all well & happy : )

    Sharon XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. X